Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: 22nd February 2018
The National Police Uniforms Managed Service is an outsourced contract awarded by the Metropolitan Police Force which is operated by DHL Supply Chain. DHL have the responsibility of delivering and managing a fully integrated procurement and supply chain service providing the required savings, value for money, customer-focussed products and supply chain services to the Metropolitan Police Force and potentially all other police forces in Great Britain. It will act as a single point of access for the customer covering all the in-scope commodity needs: Uniforms, Work wear, Public Order Garments, Footwear and associated accessories such as pouches, belts, hand cuffs and batons.
To contribute to the Savings and Profitability Targets of the NUMS team and to deliver the contracted pricing basket in line with the NUMS contract
Key Responsibilities in this role will include;
* Category management of all products inscope of NUMS contract
* Tendering of all products inscope of NUMS contract
* Ongoing supplier and contract management of NUMS products
* Market analysis to understand products, suppliers, trends and influences
* Category strategy support and implementation
* Manage customer/ end users and product councils
* Manage or co-ordinate mini competitions, bulk buys and supplier offers
* Construct product and service specifications for tender
* Contribute to formulation, review and implementation of policies and procedures
* Assist in maintaining own and others health & safety and security
* Promote and behave in a way consistent with the organisations vision and values
* Promote and support peoples equality, diversity and rights
* Acts proactively to manage stakeholders
* Identifies key relationships to be managed for the effective delivery of the category plan
* Treats others with respect, develops trust and values diversity
* Seeks opportunities to improve existing routines or processes
* Other duties within general scope of the post and appropriate to the grading as required from time to time
* Management of small-scale projects on time and to budget, often to tight deadlines
* Ability to work in a matrix organisation, meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders and managing upwards as well as sideways
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
* Experience of Supply Chain and Logistics (desirable)
* Solid understanding of Supply Chain, Procurement and operational processes
* Minimum of 3 years' experience in a commercially focused management role
* Experience of garment and clothing procurement and low cost country sourcing
* Far East purchasing an advantage
* Role based in Northampton but flexibility required
* Educated to university degree level or equivalent professional qualifications / experience within business management environment
* CIPS/MCIPS or working towards (Desirable)
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Working at DHL: