Reconciliations Administrator - 15 Month FTC
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe’s leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Reconciliations Team are responsible for ensuring the completion of the reconciliation of all M&G’s client accounts and holdings for funds maintained on Quasar and FODB for client accounting and performance.
The team oversee the relationship with any third parties conducting reconciliations on behalf of Fund Accounting Administration, ensuring that exceptions are promptly resolved and kept within agreed KPIs.
The team also manage the integrity exception management process between internal systems and the reconciliation of ETD products between ION and the clearing brokers on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Completion of key internal reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and integrity of our data.
• Reconciliation of all Exchange Trades products between ION and the Clearing Brokers (5 in total). To investigate and resolve any trade, position or cash breaks across the daily exception reports and clearing any exceptions within agreed deadlines.
• Daily Integrity reconciliations which are to ensure that the data available on the Front Office Database (FODB) and Quasar is correct and valid to support client accounting. This comprises of:
- Reconciliation of end of day exceptions between PPM Quasar and FODB
- The reconciliations comprises of Client Cash differences, Client Stock differences, Cash Accruals, Trial Balance differences and also includes outstanding items between Rolfe and Nolan and FODB.
- Each discrepancy is investigated to determine its cause is input on Jira so it can be raised with the appropriate team for resolution.
- Any trial balance differences identified need to be resolved by IS.
• The individual must ensure the reconciliations are completed in accordance with the teams controls, checklists and procedures including any SOX or audit requirements
• Build relationships and work collaboratively with other teams in Fund Services, IS and the IBOR ETD Team.
• Understand client requirements to support accounting and performance, ensuring the team support these.
What we are looking for:
You will be able to demonstrate previous Operational experience within a reconciliations environment. Excellent communication skills, with personnel at all levels are essential for this position, as well as a controls orientated way of thinking. You must be able use initiative to both resolve issues and identify long term solutions. It is important for you to have a proactive, organised and logical approach to work. You will be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships within the team and across the business, as well as this you will have excellent attention to detail and be capable of working effectively under pressure and adhere to variable deadlines.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.