Senior Planning Officer (Data Futures)
Client is recruiting for a motivated and highly effective Senior Planning Officer to take a lead role in supporting the university in using data and information to drive improved performance and decision making. Senior Planning Officers are expected to develop an understanding of the university’s strategy and operations and to contribute to planning and decision making at all levels within the institution. This presents an exciting opportunity for an experienced analyst, with excellent organisational and communication skills.
This challenging role offers the opportunity to work with colleagues throughout the university in supporting a range of emerging plans and initiatives. The role will have particular responsibility for leading on the preparation and submission of student statutory returns to HESA and other external/funding bodies and to lead on projects to prepare the University for the Introduction of Data Futures.
We are looking for someone who:
- is highly numerate and adept at analysing and interpreting data for audiences with varying levels of knowledge,
- has strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the University.
- has an interest in developing knowledge of policy, trends and innovations in higher education, in particular in relation to funding mechanisms.
- and with experience of:
- compiling statutory returns within the HE sector and working with colleagues in other areas to improve data quality
- producing analytical reports for schools, faculties and senior staff,
- leading project-based activities and delivering to deadlines.
- Leading the preparation of the HESA student statutory return
- Leading the data futures project (HESA driven project requiring significant changes to the way that student returns data are collected, stored and reported)
- Working with registry to introduce and improve data quality checking on student information early in the cycle.
- Experience of compiling student HESA returns
- Experience of representing organisations liaising with HESA
- Knowledge (and ideally experience) of a data futures implementation project elsewhere
- Project management experience
- Experience of matrix managing teams of individuals from other units
- Proactive self-starter