An exciting opportunity has emerged for a Finance Officer to be maintain the rent ledger for an established and well respected Housing Association based in West Oxfordshire. Initially a temporary position, this vacancy has the opportunity to become permanent in time.
As Finance Officer, key responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining the integrity of the rent ledger; including raising of weekly charges.
- Reconcile changes in weekly debit, providing supporting documentation where necessary.
- Identifying issues with Housing Benefit payments.
- Participating in annual rental and service charge setting and notifying relevant authorities.
- Acting as subject matter expert on Open Housing to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies in Housing Benefit payments with the housing team.
- Ensuring that transactions are processed and accurate reporting is undertaken, highlighting significant variations and issues.
- Identifying improvements to systems and processes to improve team performance.
- Data extraction and analysis.
Rent ledger experience and understanding of housing benefits systems would be beneficial but are not essential. will be a team player with keen attention to detail and the ability to provide work with a high level of accuracy.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Suitable applicants for this role will be contacted. If you do not hear back within 4 working days, unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please continue to view the website for alternative opportunities.
Accountancy Selection, a trading division of the registered company Champion Employment Limited, acting as an Employment Agency/Employment Business.