Urgent Band 7 Ward manager Required
Location - Stanmore, Middlesex
Term - Temp contract Full time
Duration- 3 months with possible extension
We are looking for an experienced Band 7 Ward manager for a role in Stanmore, needs to have extensive experience of working in the NHS.
The Ward Manager is the leader of the nursing team and professional role model, mentor and coach. The post holder will also have:
- 24-hour responsibility for the provision of clinical care and standards on the ward.
- Responsible for co-ordinating and make effective use of staff, supervise staff and ensure training is maintained.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels and provide clinical leadership for staff.
- Act as a role model and leader to nursing staff
- Ensure cost effective use of resources
- Cover Band 7 Site Rota as per On-Call Rota
- Clinical Responsibilities
Practice according to the NMC Code of Professional Conduct.
Assess care needs for patients, planning, implementing and evaluating care for individual patients.
Ensure nursing care is delivered in a holistic manner using an individualised approach.
Ensure that all patients receive a high standard of nursing care.
Co-ordinate the admission and discharge planning process in conjunction with the Access and Discharge Co-ordinator and the multi-disciplinary team.
Discuss with patients/ carers and relatives any problems or changes relating to planned care and Treatment.
Participates and facilitates in the promotion of patient education and health promotion.
Act as team leader and named nurse for patients.
Ensure that all patient documentation is accurate and comprehensive.
Maintain good communication with all health care staff and ensure prescribed treatment is carried out.
Ensure the safe custody and safe administration of medicines and report any discrepancies.
Undertake extended roles of care within the unit as authorized by the Nursing Advisory Committee.
Only candidates with previous experienced will be considered for these particular roles.
Please contact us ASAP if you are available for immediate consideration on
Day Webster team