Accountancy Firm Client Accounts Relationship Manager
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (Negotiable based on experience)
My client, a leading Independent Accountancy Firm based just outside Leeds City Centre.
About the role:
My client is a well established privately owned firm and operate within Accounts/Tax/Advisory/Audit.
As a result of new acquisitions and business growth, they are looking to recruit a Client Accounts Relationship Manager.
- Manage client assignments, which includes determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner review.
- Manage the overall team on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including client take on procedures, agreeing scope, fee negotiations, control of billings and cash collections within the firm’s criteria.
- Acts as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for appraisees).
- Work as part of management team on issues such as resource planning, staff retention, merit rate meetings, improving our tools and processes and efficiency gains
- Keep up to date with all technical developments in order to ensure continued excellent delivery of services to the client.
- May develop a specialism and actively work to identify new business opportunities in that market
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Puts quality first in every client interaction by ensuring accuracy, timeliness and honesty
- Encourages team members to put their ideas forward to improve the BDO experience for clients
- Acts within agrees fees, scope, deliverables and timescales and support the team to deliver on promises
- Solicits feedback from clients and acts promptly to amend or improve client service
- Escalates potential overruns and does not put off difficult conversations
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for BS&A, and inform the partner and client as appropriate. Acts as an ambassador of the firm, participates in marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products and services.
- Contributes to bidding for new work and supports senior people as needed
- Builds relationships with existing clients and seeks out new opportunities
- Takes the time to reflect on and learn from experience
- Understands wider BDO service offering and can spot opportunities outside the stream
- Personally invests the time and energy in building BD and management skills
- Encourages others to build networks and get into the market
- Introduces professional contacts to others as appropriate
Technical Knowledge and Professional Qualifications
- ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Proficient at Microsoft Office especially Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages eg. Xero, Sage Quickbooks etc
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP and FRS 102, experience of Caseware and consolidations preferred.
- Experience of managing client assignments
- Experience of identifying and developing new business leads