63 branches, a customer base of 100,000 retailers and a product line of over 25,000 items - Bestway is the largest independent food wholesaler in the UK. We’ve achieved our success by offering the best prices, service and choice to help retailers build their businesses.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Manager to join us as we continue on our journey where both change and growth feature heavily.
The successful candidate will be responsible in setting up 3rd party contracts including significant and complex arrangements to meet business requirements and manage supplier risks. You will work with senior stakeholders to ensure value for money in external spend and deliver real cost savings to the bottom line whilst managing supply chain risks.
Further responsibilities include to:
- Support the business in delivering key strategic plans and targets through delivery of a professional value add service, resulting in the most cost effective use of all external spend.
- Drive commercial value for the business in a sustainable and ethical manner consistent with the companies’ values, principles and policies.
- Achieve annualised procurement saving targets with efficient cash management.
- Manage any conflicting objectives and challenges across the business in order to give the best fit in contractual solution and value, fully leveraging spend and supplier relationships.
- Take responsibility of the on-going management for contract requirements.
- The creation and agreement of 3-5 year category strategy for specialist spend areas, fully utilising market, competitor and benchmarking analysis to improve the way the organisation buys services ensuring fit for purpose contracts and continuous improvement.
- Create and maintain the Sourcing Management Framework (SMF) procurement policies and procedures and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Lead commercial and contract negotiations and undertake sourcing activity in line with governance process, ensuring adherence to the procurement framework.
- Identify strategic and critical suppliers within specific category areas and undertake supplier relationship management in line with frameworks to ensure that the business has comprehensive risk management commercially and legally to drive benefits for both parties.
- Work with and challenge multiple business stakeholders to ensure business leverage is utilised for all available opportunities, to maximise savings and minimise commercial exposure.
- Provide on-going support for peers and junior team members.
To take on this exciting opportunity you’ll ideally be MCIPS qualified and come from a procurement background with a proven track record in developing, implementing and operating procurement strategy within a complex organsiation.
You’ll have experience in setting up and managing complex supplier contracts, as well as experience in delivering challenging savings targets with a strong commercial acumen and excellent negotiation skills.
You will have a strong track record of building and sustaining supplier relationships with internal customers and external suppliers as well as being able to demonstrate innovation and driving positive business change.
At Bestway, we’re passionate about meeting our customers’ needs and working as a team to grow our business. So if you’re looking for an opportunity to make an impact on an ambitious company that’s built its way up from humble beginnings, this is the role for you.
We offer an attractive benefits package including a salary commensurate with experience, annual leave, contributory pension, free on-site parking, free on-site gym and a Bestway Wholesale membership card allowing you to shop at all of our sites.