Assistant Management Accountant
What We're Looking For
We want an experienced Assistant Management Accountant to join our busy and expanding Finance team. As the Assistant Management Accountant you will support the Senior Finance Accountant in producing the monthly management accounts. You will also provide essential finance information to the other department to enable critical decisions to be made.
Working independently as well as being able to take direction, you will be highly organised to meet important deadlines.
You will work collaboratively with the purchases and sales sides of the finance team, and with other team members to ensure the wider finance department works as efficiently and effectively as possible. Great attention to detail is required due to the fast moving nature of our business.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Assisting with the production of monthly management accounts
- Compiling internal management accounts to monthly reporting deadlines
- Reporting to department budget holders monthly on performance versus budget
- Being responsible for fixed asset accounting and capex reporting versus budget
- Performing ad hoc cost saving analyses and work on projects and initiatives as they arise
- Assisting with new finance system implementation
- Identifying ways to make purchase to pay and other processes more efficient
- Assisting with annual and ad-hoc forecasting
- Supporting the Commercial Finance team with projects on an ad hoc basis
Key skills needed
- Part Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA)
- Competent user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience of working in a finance environment
- Good systems understanding
- High attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organised and have the ability to multi-task
We are a living wage employer and pay a competitive salary, with up to 50% discount on OB products.
Head over to our Bonas Benefits page for more information on what we offer.
If you’re interested in applying, send your CV, salary expectations, notice period and a paragraph about why you think you’re the best person for the job by clicking 'Apply'.