Senior Development Engineer - Space Systems
We have a brand new vacancy for a very capable Senior Development or Systems Engineer with a background Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or Physics together with knowledge of Vibration Analysis. This is a superb role for a Senior Development Engineer looking to further their career with a job involving some technical management but still retaining plenty of hands-on engineering content.
Based in Oxfordshire, this is a fast growing and award winning space technology company which supplies advanced energy storage solutions to the global space industry -including organisations such as NASA and the European Space Agency. Their market leading ultra-high reliability battery systems are used by a host of international space companies for communications satellites, imaging, research and space exploration purposes. Their batteries have been used in over 120 space missions including Rosetta, the Galileo satellites and the current interplanetary mission to Jupiter. These projects are highly challenging and the batteries are mission critical so it is essential they are durable enough to survive many years in space -the ultimate of hostile environments!
This is an exceptional role for a Mechanical Engineer / Aerospace Engineer/ Vibration Engineer to further their career in a role offering a mix of hands-on development and technical management. As Senior Development Engineer / Technical Manager you will lead teams and manage projects to deliver next-generation battery technologies for future space missions. As a hands-on Senior Development Engineer you will use your background in Mechanical Engineering and skills in data evaluation & modelling to develop tests & qualification campaigns to ensure the company's battery / Energy Storage systems are unquestionably fit for purpose.
The company are exceptional employers offering considerable opportunities for personal growth and career development within the business and a high degree of flexibility to their staff. Although ideally this is a full-time permanent 9-5.30pm position the company may also consider someone on a part-time basis and can offer flexible working hours.
Requirements for Senior Development Engineer
- Degree BSc/BEng, MEng in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics with a strong Mechanical Focus.
- Knowledge or experience of Vibration Systems / Vibration Analysis
- Demonstrable high level of numerical and IT skills for data analysis, data modelling, results presentation and reporting using Excel or similar packages
- Methodical approach to testing and organisation to maintain traceability, avoid errors and validate work performed
- Project planning and organisational experience
- Time management, problem solving and strong organisation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desirable (but not essential) Skills:
- Some knowledge of thermal cycling, cryogenics, vacuum systems, battery or energy storage technologies such as lithium-ion batteries.
- Exposure to project planning / project management -ideally in Space, Aerospace or other highly regulated industry
- Some VBA Macro or other programming experience for data manipulation or modelling