About the role:
- This is an exciting role for a talented SEO copywriter working across a number of brands and product lines, within the Consumer Marketing team. Ideal for a creative but also SEO technically minded copywriter who understand the search engine algorithms and guidelines and who is keen to further their career in Digital Marketing.
- With a focus on SEO and Content Marketing, experience in the technical aspects of search engine copywriting and Google guide lines is essential. Being updated with the latest copywriting trends and developments is a must.
- Reporting to the SEO and Content Manager, the key responsibilities will include:
- SEO copywriting
- Content Development and Management
- Online User Experience
- Performance reporting and Analytics
- Writing web pages, blog articles, video scripts and infographics that demonstrate the expertise in the field to drive relevant traffic to the website
- Creating content to rank higher in organic results on search engines to increase the qualified traffic to the website and to the blog
- Updating/refreshing/optimising the existing content on the website and blog using keyword placement and internal linking
- Producing valuable, grammatically perfect, high-quality, authoritative, practical-utility content to maximise its impact on SERPs
- Creating user-engaging and emotional-engaging blog posts to maximise the bounce rate on the blog
- Taking a proactive approach in SEO content ideation and creation
- Building a robust internal linking structure
- Working closely with SEO Manager, PR agency and Link Building Team
- Undertaking strategic research providing insight regarding keywords profitability and competitor content performance
- Image optimization
- Work with the Email team to generate compelling content for emails (retention and acquisition)
Website Content Management - Insurance
- Our websites experience high-levels of traffic from customers who are either getting a quote for an insurance product, looking for information about their existing policy, making a claim, or engaging with the content we produce. In addition, we are looking to grow our affinity partner network, and co-branded and white labelled versions of the site(s) may be required. We use Umbraco CMS to manage our web assets. Key responsibilities are therefore:
- Developing and implementing Content Marketing Strategies. Updating content and information as supplied by product owners
- Reviewing and update website existing content
- Ensuring that content is online and delivering best experience at all times.
- Ensure strict adherence to brand guidelines and sign-off process for new content publication
- Manage integration of successful experiments into main website UX.
- Work with agencies to optimise Content Marketing Strategies to drive results
- Deliver regular reporting as required
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a Marketing discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience as SEO Copywriting
- Good Knowledge of on-site SEO best practices
- Strong knowledge of Google Search Quality Evaluator
- Strong knowledge of how Search Engines works
- Strong knowledge of Content-related Google algorithms (i.e. Panda, Hummingbird, Penguin, RankBrain) as well as Topic Modelling and semantic correlation
- Strong knowledge of Internal Liking structure best practice
- Good understanding of User Interface Design and User Experience Design
- Good knowledge of Social Media Content Marketing and Metrics
- Experienced user of Google Analytics as a reporting tool
- Prior experience of working with CMS
- Expertise in digital marketing and appreciation of e-commerce
- Knowledge of financial/insurance and travel sectors advantageous
- Excellent computer skills including a good knowledge of Microsoft applications including Excel, PowerPoint and the ability to grasp new software packages
- A Self-starter with high level of initiative and a strong sense of ownership
- Excellent writing ability with a very strong attitude for details to create top quality and remarkable content
- Motivated, passionate and enthusiastic about Copywriting and SEO marketing discipline
- Good interpersonal skills
- A focus on delivery along with a desire for perfection
- A team player
- Creative and innovative thinker with excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent numerate and analytical skills
- The ability to work to strict deadlines and juggle numerous projects
Collinson Group is a global leader in shaping and influencing customer behaviours to drive revenue and value for clients. The group offers a unique blend of industry and sector specialists who together provide Market-leading experience in delivering products and services across four core capabilities: Loyalty, Lifestyle Benefits, Insurance and Assistance.
The group provides unrivalled insight and expertise around affluent consumers and frequent travellers, creating and delivering products and services that increase engagement, loyalty and value for customers.
We have more than 25 years’ experience, with 28 global locations, servicing over 800 clients in 170 countries, employing 1,500 staff, and managing over 20 million end customers. We have been bringing innovation to the market since inception - from launching the first independent global VIP lounge access Programme, Priority Pass™ to being the first to sell direct travel insurance in the UK through Columbus Direct and creating the first loyalty agency of its kind in the travel sector with ICLP.
Today we still invest heavily in innovation to ensure that we continue to deliver superior customer experiences.