Head of Wellbeing
We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Wellbeing to join this non-for-profit leisure facility based in Bromley.
- You will be pivotal in delivering the change in operational philosophy, culture and delivery from the current divisional approach to leading the organisation's centre of excellence for Wellbeing in this newly created role.
- You will use your track record in directing and leading research to demonstrate the effectiveness of our organisational activities in achieving our Wellbeing agenda.
- Your strong coaching approach to performance management will ensure that the team you lead deliver a consistent brand experience
- Your direct team are experts in providing clinical direction on nutrition, psychology and physical activity across the business; however you’ll be expected to work with the wider team to provide expert input into product development and bids / tenders.
- Act as the catalyst for the maintenance of their clinical standards by defining and embedding this across our well-being components covering systems, training and CPD.
- A natural networker you will build strong relationships with key stakeholders being the external policy expert, representing the organisation across the areas of health, physical activity and wellbeing.
- To own and develop the organisation Theory of Change, and build evidence base of the effectiveness of thier work, based on research and evaluation
- Lead the wellbeing team in providing authoritative clinical direction on nutrition, psychology and physical activity across all operations
- Lead a collaborative, multidisciplinary team to provide expert input into product development and bids for new contracts
- Lead the team to determine clinical standards and embed systems and training that maintain those standards, including CPD and ongoing assessment
- Represent the organisation in external policy matters, being seen as an expert in approaches to health, physical activity and wellbeing
Summary of Responsibilities and Duties
- Evidence and Research
- Understand maintain and develop the organisation Theory of change, and ensure it is embedded in the approach to all thier products and services
- Develop and lead an ongoing programme of research and evaluation to evidence thier outputs and outcomes, that will inform the Theory of Change
- Establish approaches to monitoring the effectiveness of our programmes and services, benchmarking against third parties, competitors or best practice
- Use this knowledge internally by embedding strong learning and improvement systems
- Lead dissemination of the research and evaluation to improve profile and influence thinking in the sector
- To ensure policy positions on the range of clinical issue relating to nutrition, psychology and physical health and activity
- To ensure the Wellbeing team is up to date with best practice, guidance and recent thinking / research, and guide operations teams on making appropriate changes required
- Provide support to operations teams in presenting clinical rationale to commissioners or other experts where needed
Product development and bids
- To work collaboratively with Product Development and Business Development to establish scope and scale of resource needed for any product development or bid project
- To allocate resource to co-create the product, bringing clinical expertise to the team
- To lead the team to provide clinical assurance on the final product or bid
- To be the owner of clinical standards across the company, including training levels expected for different roles
- To ensure CPD training is appropriate and well delivered
- To establish a programme to assess standards in practice, and provide training and feedback to maintain high standards
- To ensure clinical supervision is provided appropriately and effectively throughout the company
- To represent at the highest level in policy forum and conferences
- To represent in the media to present our programmes and raise organisation profile
- To work in a "centres of expertise" model, drawing on expert groups made up of team members, experts from inside and outside the company, and commissioned suppliers.
Person Specification: Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Skills and Abilities
- A true and genuine passion for wellbeing in making a difference
- Ability to establish professional credibility with clinical peers
- Accomplished leadership and management skills, directing and motivating teams to high performance
- Excellent organisational skills, including basic project management
- Ability to collaborate in multidisciplinary teams
- Strong influencing skills, getting things done beyond direct line management
- Competent in working with the media
- Cinancial management skills, managing budgets
- Understanding and appreciation of commercial viability
- Knowledge of Public Health issues
- Establishing coherent programme of research and evaluation of practice
- Working at the intersection of research, policy and practice
- Applying best practice in a clinical or community delivery setting
- Setting standards and embedding systems to maintain them
- Commissioning of research, through to concluding and communicating the results
- Quality public speaking / presentations
- Further degree (Masters/PHD) in wellbeing-related field: health/social sciences or equivalent level experience gained through clinical practice
Assertive Solutions is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and are committed to equality and opportunity for all candidates.
Due to the high volume of applicants it is not always possible to respond to every application personally. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then you have not been successful on this occasion, however we may hold your CV on file in consideration for alternative vacancies that arise.