Network Technician/Help Desk Manager
We are looking for a SeniorNetwork Technician - Help Desk Manager with a least 5 years practical support for our client an IT Support Company based in Harrow. You will be joining a very well established business that has successfully been supporting professional firms, commerce and schools for the last thirty years.
- The job is predominantly office-based but incumbent will also visit clients’ premises to investigate and resolve computer problems related to usage, operational issues and Microsoft application software.
- You must be able to demonstrate competence in supporting Microsoft Windows Client and Server 2008, 2012, Microsoft Hyper-V, Virtual Server, W7, W10, Exchange Server, Word, Active directory, Excel and PowerPoint
- Undertake for clients, any type of work that is associated with the use of computers, excluding all forms of hardware maintenance and electrical installation.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of IP addressing, subnets, routing, wireless technology and firewall implementation
- Maintain knowledgebase of important technical issues, to assist other staff
- Install or assist with the installation of new personal computers, servers and printers at clients’ premises, which may be in the UK and the mainland of Europe.
- Maintain close control of backup systems for contract customers
- Undertake recovery of systems
- Demonstrate understanding of virus removal and ransomware defence
Other Admin Duties
- Prepare and maintain clients’ network documentation and assist with the preparation of quotations
- Respond helpfully and clearly to all telephone calls for computer support and record all calls for assistance from customers
- Assignment of incoming calls for assistance to other staff when necessary.
- Record all time spent and associated activities in the company job recording system in a timely manner and ensure that all jobs are managed in an efficient and professional manner.
- Review of outstanding calls at end of day to assign next day priorities.
- Regular review of support time spent on each contract customer and recommend adjustments to contract.
- A minimum of 5 years’ practical experience
- Absolute honesty, loyalty and enthusiasm
- The ability to be on time for attendance at clients’ offices and at the normal place of work.
- The ability to communicate clearly in verbal and written form.
- The willingness to learn to use new business and technical skills including studying for and taking technical exams that will be paid for by the company.
- The willingness to assist in selling the company’s services.
- The maturity to escalate problems when necessary and delegate tasks to available technicians
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
Salary: £33,000 (depending on experience)
Holiday: 4 weeks rising to 5 weeks after 5 years’ service with the company