Network Solution Architect
Network architect Cisco, Cisco ACI Technical Pre-sales CCDA CCNA CCNP
This position is a technical pre-sales activity, being the main point of contact for the internal Sales teams and our external customers in understanding and producing a fit for purpose technical design and fully costed proposal that meets their requirements. Candidates must display the ability to provide complex solutions along with a fully documented High Level Design.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Requirements gathering and project scoping, being the trusted technical advisor.
- Take ownership of customer demonstrations.
- Provide professional services consultations to clients, site evaluations and technical presentations.
- Respond to request for information (RFI) or request for proposal (RFP).
- Produce high level design (HLD) and Bill of Materials (BoM)
- Supports the sales team on technical briefings with clients, take part in chalk and talk presentations. Advise the client in plain English what the technical solution means for their business.
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring of other staff.
- Exceptional customer services skills and stakeholder engagement.
- Cisco LAN including Catalyst 9000, 6800, 3900, 2900 and ISR routers.
- Cisco Data Centre based on Nexus and ACI
- Cisco Next Generation Firewalling based on ASA and Cisco Firepower
- Cisco wireless based on Aironet and Meraki
- Solid understanding of networking protocols including VXLAN, MPLS, BGP, OSPF, VPLS, VPNs, and QoS
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Flexibility to travel with the potential for overnight stays
Characteristics of success
- Experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to multi-task and to work under pressure.
- Experience in responding to complex, high value, bids based on applicable technologies.
- CCDA/CCNA/CCNP or equivalent
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.