- Management role reporting directly to the Head of Finance
- Hybrid position incorporating both financial and commercial accounting
The client is a highly reputable organisation based within the Hartlepool area
1. Preparing reports and attending with or as the Director of Finance and Policy representative of such department
2. Day to day management and supervision of staff allocated by the Head of Finance, including staff development and the deployment of resources to achieve the Sections objectives and to meet all required deadlines
3. The provision of Accountancy Services to a multitude of customers - both internal and external
4. Assist the Head of Finance interpret revenue and capital funding regimes in relation to the areas allocated.
5. Interpreting, advising upon and implementing where appropriate good accounting practices.
6. Advise on implementation of International Reporting Standards
7. Arrangement of banking and leasing services.
8. Advise upon the financial implications of the with the external IT provider.
9. Advice and support in relation to VAT issues.
10. Deputising for the Head of Finance in his/her absence for issues related to the allocated areas of the Corporate Finance Section.
11. Update, maintain and report on the Business Plan Model
12. Any other duties and responsibilities of a related nature which may be required and allocated by the Director of Finance and Policy or Head of Finance.
Must have Public Sector experience and hold relevant, industry qualification (CIPFA)
To work in a senior management role, reporting directly to the Head of Finance in a position which provides the opportunity for development and growth