Asset Reconciliation SME
Meraki Talent are currently recruiting for Asset Reconciliation professionals for permanent roles based in Edinburgh.
The company is going through a period of growth due to recent business wins and they are keen to hire driven individuals to join their journey. They are not looking for people who want a standard 9-5 routine, they want people who are committed to carving out a successful career in the industry.
As well as offering a competitive basic salary, the company can offer rapid career progression for the right individuals along with a relaxed dress code.
The team is responsible for reconciling custody records ensuring they are accurate; identifying where any differences arise between records and owning the full process for timely resolution
Background in asset reconciliations/ stock reconciliations is desirable but candidates with transferable reconciliations experience will be considered.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- To monitor investment holdings and transactions and the receipt of manual/electronic holdings and transaction statements from brokers and fund managers.
- To investigate variances/breaks from reconciliations.
- To ensure that all breaks are resolved and cleared within a given timeframe.
- To reconcile individual clients in a short position and ensure this is rectified in a timely manner.
- To cross-train on all other mutual funds and equity processes to provide leave cover as and when required.
- To update Managed Funds and Equities procedures in accordance with any changes to process
- To maintain and develop Broker, Custodian, Plan Manager and External Fund Managers relationships in order to assist with identifying discrepancies.
- To raise issues with the Institutional Client, internal teams and External Fund Managers depending on where the error lies for them to resolve reconciling differences
The background of the Asset Reconciliation SME:
- Experience of working within Asset Reconciliations
- Ideally be studying towards the Investment Operations Certificate