Senior Manager of Data Science - Banking & Financial Services
A rare and hugely exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the world's most prestigious and successful Financial Servives firms as a Senior Manager of Data Science - Banking & Financial Services. You will lead a team of data science consultants at varying levels with diverse skill-sets, from the impressive London headquraters. As Senior Manager of Data Science - Banking & Financial Services you will lead by example, vitally taking a hands-on approach at times in order to lead the design, development and implementation of analytical models used to provide valuable insight in to business processes and systems.
One of the leading professional services organisations in the United Kingdom and globally, with a suite of clients spanning across multiple industries including banking & financial services.
- Working with multiple stakeholders in the UK business, you will develop and refine ideas for integrating predictive and prescriptive analytics for current and future business processes.
- You will lead a team of data scientists including man-management, project management, generating and executing analytical strategies and adopting a hands-on approach to data science and analysis.
- You will be expected to recruit data science consultants and mentor those within the team, guiding with best analytical practices.
- Your finger will be firmly on the pulse relating to changes in cutting-edge technology, ensuring the Data Science business unit remains at the very forefront of the industry.
- Leading new technology evaluations for predictive and statistical analytics will also be a vital part of your remit.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Maths, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent educational or professional experience and/or qualifications.
- You must have a strong track record of leveraging data analytic methods and experience with large data-sets to create data-driven insights through predictive and prescriptive analytic models.
- Substantial experience with data analysis software, managing and delivering on major projects. As a result you must have substantial experience in data mining, statistical modeling tools and underlying algorithms.
- It is vitally important you have the ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a concise and efficient manner. You must have experience making strategic recommendations and generating insight through analysis to other major stakeholders in a business.
- Your time management skills are impeccable and you have a track record of successfully managing multiple projects across cross-functional teams at any one time.
- You are an expert with SQL, R and Hadoop.
- You must have experience with one or more of the following: SAP HANA, SAP Business Objects, Tableau or Qlikview.
Hugely enticing total compensation package including a £65,000-£80,000 base salary and other leading employee benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please register your interest by sending your CV via the' Apply' link on this page.