(This role requires travelling to different sites)
My client is a global expert in connectivity and data management services, with a clear focus in the media and entertainment industry. They are looking for a Studio Engineer to join the team and provide unrivaled technical support.
* Be responsible for face-to-face, telephone and email support to clients and attending client meetings to provide technical support to the studio coordinator as required
* In depth troubleshooting of customer faults and issues
* Provisioning of new customer services and upgrades both remotely and at studio locations.
* Physically provision and decommission of services
* Working with various teams, where appropriate, ensure that documentation is available and accurate for internal technical systems, customer facing reporting systems and service level documentation.
* Installation, configuration and on-going maintenance of equipment including wireless access points, switches and firewalls
* Maintain close links with global support teams and engineering to ensure studio knowledge is shared throughout
* Troubleshoot connectivity issues
* Decommissioning of customer services
* To act as a technical escalation point
* To aid in the training of studio support engineers and advise on their development
* Opportunity for additional remuneration and professional challenges through out of hours engineering projects
* Ability to terminate Cat5e/Cat6
* Experience with networking devices and concepts: Juniper, Brocade, HP, Dell, Cisco, MRV, Palo Alto
* Familiarity in determining cable runs through occupied spaces, and installations utilising ducts, ceiling voids, and trunking.
* Networking - TCP/IP
* An understanding of wireless networking
* Knowledge of firewalls, antivirus, passwords
* Experience in System Administration of OSX or Linux
* 5-years industry experience with a track record of success.
* First class interpersonal, communication and leadership skills at all levels within an organisation, across all departments and professional disciplines.
* Practical, hands on approach to problem solving
* Ability to work at heights
* Must have a valid driver's license as this role requires travelling between sites.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129977