IT Service Desk Analyst / 1st Line Support Job Post
IT Service Desk Analyst - Ruddington
About the role
Exciting Opportunity has arisen to join our service desk team in Ruddington. We will provide you the training you need to develop your career in the direction you wish to take while in a supportive environment.
We seeking applicants from all levels as have different service desk position available, some more technical than others. Training can be provided and there is great progression possibilities available!
Main purpose of the role is to:
- Provide a first, and single, point of contact into Capita Services Desks for all supported businesses
- Responding to calls placed via a variety of media
- Ensuring incoming incidents are logged accurately and that sufficient information is recorded in the relevant incident logging software, and following and adhering to stringent processes.
- Ensuring that all cases owned are resolved in accordance to the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Deliver outstanding customer service standards by answering all calls promptly, remaining courteous and professional at all times
- To contribute to overall achievements of required Service Level by maintaining agreed personal targets. Assist in ensuring SLAs and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met
- Dealing with high level escalations
- Delivering a high rate of technical resolution
- Helping build a greater First Time Fix (FTF) capability within the Service Desk
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too
At Capita IT Enterprise Services (ITES), we support some of the world's biggest organisations - across both the private and public sectors - enhancing their impact and keeping them at the leading-edge of technology. We offer an extensive range of career paths for our employees, providing opportunities to develop and progress towards roles such as: Service Desk Team Leader, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Delivery, etc
Now, we're looking for a natural problem-solver to join our service desk and provide IT support to a range of leading clients.
What you will do:
- Information at call receipt using agreed scripts and knowledge management information. Ensure verification of customer details and availability for call back;
- Provide problem diagnosis, using appropriate support tools and resolution for desktop problems. Assign calls to correct third party queues where appropriate;
- Proactively manage Customers expectations through either resolution of or updating on progress of their outstanding incidents/requests;
- Escalate any issues but try and ensure they are dealt with before problems occur;
- Track and monitor calls that are with third parties, to liaise with third parties for a resolution and escalate when resolution is not moving forward within the appropriate timescales;
- Resolve and close cases to customer satisfaction or escalate to the appropriate ITS Management where further direction is required;
- To contribute to overall achievements of required Service Level by maintaining agreed personal targets. Assist in ensuring SLA's and KPI's are met
Your experience will include:
- Any previous experience of working in a Customer Service, Service Desk, Call Centre, Helpdesk or 1st line support environment
- Ideally an understanding of MS Active Directory User Administration
- MS Office skills: Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of logging calls and complaint handling
- Call answering and call management skills
- Understanding of Desktop Operating Systems and/or MS Office Products
- Ideally working knowledge/experience of Remedy and/or Landesk
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly customer facing skills including listening skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to diffuse potentially confrontational situations and to remain calm and reasonable when dealing with difficult calls
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team as well as their own and uses own initiative
- Ability to follow procedures
- Strive for excellence - premium customer service provider
- Flexible to new technologies.
- Good organisational skills
- Smart and presentable
- Ability and willing to undergo SC security vetting if successful.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you holiday, pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; share plan schemes, life assurance and other tailored benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132571