Senior Hardware Engineer
Senior Hardware Engineer - Analogue/Digital knowledge
A Senior Hardware Engineer with Analogue/Digital knowledge is required to work on a six month contract with possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Edinburgh.
This role is a development of safety-related electrical & electronic hardware and associated sensors for a military electro-optic system.
Overview of the Senior Hardware Engineer contract role
Support to Safety Engineer for development of safety requirements, and allocation of requirements to the electrical/electronic hardware.
* Development of hardware requirements specifications for safety-related electronics and associated sensors.
* Preliminary and detailed design and of PCB-based hardware module to satisfy hardware requirements, including preparation of manufacturing data pack.
* Production of material for design reviews.
* Selection and application of safety-related components with appropriate performance levels to support the required safety integrity level for each safety function.
* Support to Safety Engineer for creation of Failure Modes and Effects Criticality Analysis, and Safety Case.
* Hardware verification and validation planning, analysis, and testing.
Key skills required for the Senior Hardware Engineer
You will have a degree or equivalent in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, or related science (e.g. Physics).
* You will have experience in the design, analysis and testing of safety-related electrical/electronic hardware.
* You will have extensive knowledge and experience of analogue and digital circuit design.
* You will have experience of custom Printed Circuit Board/Assembly development lifecycle.
* You will have a clear understanding of safety functions and safety integrity.
* You will also have experience of interacting with other engineering disciplines (e.g. Safety, Electronics, Mechanical, Systems) to progress your work
The role is based in Edinburgh - commutable from Dundee, Perth, Glenrothes, Kirkcaldy, Dunfermline, Stirling and Falkirk with excellent access from Glasgow
If you are a Hardware Design Engineer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Hardware opportunities please contact Paul Scott on ************************* or phone *************
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a "one-stop shop" to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132811