IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Currently entering a period of growth and business change, this leading employer is looking to add to its team with the appointment of an IT Project Manager. This organisation has recently signed off on a number of projects to bring its IT systems in line with its exacting standards as well as drive forward to market leading standards. This role is critical in that success.
The IT department is responsible for the delivery and support of all aspects of Information Technology within the business. The department is responsible for all the operational aspects of IT including service desk, desktop support, network, telecommunications and server infrastructure; the development, implementation, integration and support of applications; and delivering IT projects and change.
This role will oversee a project portfolio consisting of; developing client administration and virtual environments; business continuity, data protection and cyber security; application integration, enabling a master data pipeline, and upgrading finance systems.
The role will also be responsible for Project start-up and initiation; project and/or stage planning; project delivery and governance; effective financial and stakeholder management; management of risks and issues, clearly communicating any issues that significantly impact the projects; progress monitoring and managing transition into service.
Project Managers must have knowledge of the general principles of information technology such as its role in decision support, methods of data capture, storage and retrieval, development tools, operating systems, networks and security and particularly the latest developments in these areas.
You will have knowledge and experience in some of the following:
- Formal training in project methodology (Prince2, APMP etc.)
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management framework and processes
- First class stakeholder management and influencing skills. Including managing internal virtual teams, external suppliers, and relationships with senior management
- A detailed understanding of the full project life cycle, including requirements analysis and business case approval to implementation, Quality review and acceptance
- Demonstrable experience of using advanced planning techniques including; plan design, dependency identification, estimation and scheduling
- Experience of the successful management of project budgets.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960130023