Contract QA Engineer / Test Analyst - Selenium
Contract QA Engineer / Test Analyst - Selenium / Git / Jira / Automation / BDD
Location East Grinstead, West Sussex, United Kingdom
Rate: £350-£450 day - 6 Month Contract
- Contract QA Engineer / Test Analyst - Selenium / Git / Jira / Automation / BDD
- Our client - fast-growth Fintech / Financial Crime Technology - Part of FTSE100 RELX Group
- £350-£450 day - 6 Month Contract - based East Grinstead
About our client:
A fast-growth $250m technology business, our client is a market leading provider of data, software, and risk analysis solutions to clients across the global banking, financial services, and government sectors. They are part of the FTSE100 RELX Group, recently ranked by Forbes at #53 in their Top-200 Global Employers.
They are seeking experienced Contract QA Engineer / Test Analyst to join them on a 6-month contract in East Grinstead. Working in an Agile and rapidly expanding global team you will be driving innovation and a start-up mindset to this fast-growing business. Their East Grinstead team is undergoing a transformation with new technology and features built initially by a team based in London with the East Grinstead team gradually taking on an increasing role. By taking a modular approach they have already completed 2 successful releases and will continue this gradual move to a Java stack over the next 2 years.
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and SDLC
- Proficiency with Selenium or similar
- Proficiency working with Jira or similar system
- Experience with Git SCM
- Proven ability to develop and execute automated functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Strong research skills (tools/root cause analysis)
- Experience with Behaviour Driven Development
- Experience with JBehave
- Experience with Cross browser testing
- Experience in leading process improvement
- ISTQB certification
- Worked in an Agile development team
- Develop and execute automated and performance testing for assigned projects to successfully and consistently enable delivery of high-quality software products and services on time, on budget, and to specification.
- Collaborate with existing Senior QA and Dev teams to plan testing for delivery of products and enhancements and to assure products meet product requirements and quality standards.
- Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
- Work with QA/Testing staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute automated and performance tests.
- Ensure NFRs are considered in all development and testing
- Report issues and results, researching and identifying root causes as appropriate, documenting accordingly.
- Identify opportunities to apply existing automation or other tools to meet testing needs.
- Research and identify root causes of performance issues in partnership with architects, developers, and network and system engineers.
- Conduct feature reviews, ensuring review criteria are defined, and implement procedures for ensuring quality control of project deliverables.
- Identify areas for improvement and, with leadership, peers, or others, implement initiatives improving overall capability and efficiency.
- Ensure results of root cause analyses are addressed.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
By applying for this role, your details will be sent to Ortolan People, who are acting as consultants for the hiring company. Ortolan People are engaged to provide recruitment support in processing applications. We will endeavour to respond to all applicants within three working days. Occasionally for roles with a very high volume of applicants, this may not be possible.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960128147