IT Applications Support Manager - RMS & SharePoint
Our client, Astellas Pharma EMEA, is an R&D driven, highly competitive, global pharmaceutical company originating in Japan. With a strong commitment to growth and some market leading brands, Astellas develops therapies in 5 categories; Oncology, Urology, Transplantation, Anti-infectives and Pain management. Worldwide sales are €9.8bn and €2,785m in Europe. Astellas Pharma EMEA operates in 40 countries with the European head office based in Surrey.
EMEA IS recently reorganised to better deliver against the IS needs for EMEA Affiliates and EHQ. Business Support has responsibility for relationships with Finance, Procurement, Facilities, Corporate Communications, HR, Legal and Ethics and Compliancy and the subsequent demand and delivery of back office applications and related projects. Applications in focus are a global Records Management System, HP TRIM and EMEA Collaboration and Intranet (SharePoint).
A new role, we seek a technically competent, customer focussed Applications Support Manager (IT Applications Manager) with a passion for service excellence and continuous improvement. Experience of the Pharmaceutical or a similar regulated industry is necessary.
As the Applications Support Manager, reporting to the Director of Business Support EMEA IS; working with colleagues in EMEA IS and Global IS you will;
- lead a small team, providing leadership and a decision point for day to day activities,
- be accountable, as the Applications Systems Owner for roadmaps, quality, development and effectiveness of application functionality,
- work closely with Business users and process owners, ensuring consistency of usage between applications and business processes to enhance business value,
- work with BRMs to support business case developments and risk assessments,
- ensure as a SME on project teams and as a key member of the Application CAB that solutions meet core design requirements and align with business need,
- interact with and manage outsourcing partners, ensuring effective support and training,
- work strategically to develop a detailed architecture for applications, aware of additional functionality for appropriate upgrades and deployments.
A challenging role, you’ll have a strong technical background in enterprise applications management with a deep working knowledge of similar applications, both run and maintain activities. Business focussed with a strong commitment to service excellence, you’ll set clear expectations, encouraging the team, BRMs and other Application Managers to meet shared goals.
Of graduate calibre, you’ll have a broad based IT experience gained in complex, multi-disciplinary, matrix and cross cultural corporates, preferably having held a European role. You’ll need;
- a deep working knowledge of particularly RMS Records Management System, HP TRIM and EMEA Collaboration and Intranet (SharePoint)applications, possibly SAP,
- sound experience of the pharmaceutical sector, with full knowledge of compliance laws and industry regulations and a motivational approach to promoting these and codes of conduct,
- ability to use MS Office, virtual collaboration tools, databases and online knowledge repositories and experience of a project methodology, possibly PRINCE2, Agile and ITIL.
Softer skills will include an analytical approach to problem solving and process improvement along with excellent written, verbal and planning skills. You’ll be collaborative and persuasive, questioning when necessary, naturally able to influence others to build strong relationships at all levels and with senior stakeholders, encouraging best practice and regional collaboration.
Experience of the Pharmaceutical or a similar regulated industry is necessary and possibly PRINCE2, Agile and ITIL.
Limited European travel will be required. Please contact us to discuss this influential role, for further details and salary; sending your CV and reasons for applying to Rushworths.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132952