The Cost Manager will provide cost management advice and control to all capital project activity. A crucial aspect of this role will be challenging the supply base and proposals to ensure the best possible values are achieved.
My client are a leading multi-national British retailer with a diverse portfolio of stores. The sectors in which they operate include Fashion, Home-ware and Food. They have strong ethical values and are keen to promote the ability to grow and progress within their business.
The Cost Manager will be responsible for;
- Challenging the supply base on individual programmes or projects
- Interpret cost information to help colleagues understand reporting and allow for effective decision making on capital projects
- Support the budget development through internal feasibility and the established 5 stages of a project
- Challenge proposals to ensure the best value is achieved.
- Oversee appointment and contractual arrangements for projects.
- Support the arbitration of the change process from a contractual and cost perspective.
- Ensure project close out and final account settlement is achieved in a timely manner.
- Provide capital phasing forecast information in support of Systems and Process team submissions to finance.
- Support the continual cost reduction process associated with all aspects of capital schemes.
- Provide advice on capital, revenue and write off values associated with relevant project.
- Determine appropriate procurement routes.
To be successful for the Cost Manager role you will have;
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Ability to create cost estimates from construction drawings.
- QS experience.
- Experience in people/resource management in order to manage 3rd party contractors.
- Ability to translate technical information to non-technical stakeholders.
- Negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the construction or shop fit industry.
- Surveying qualification (essential).
A basic salary of £40,000 - £60,000 plus benefits.
The role is primarily based in London with the ability for flexible working and travel to sites
Real estate and property sector specific
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960131484