Technical Architect (Software)
At Kainos we change the way the world uses technology, and how that technology interacts with you. We deliver difficult digital programmes in challenging environments that have real, measured, benefits and positive impacts on millions. We do not do easy and we thrive on challenge.
Job title: Technical Architect
Reports to: Solution Architect
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As a Technical Architect in Kainos, you’ll be responsible for leading teams and developing high quality solutions which delight our customers and impact the lives of users worldwide. As a technical leader on a project, you’ll work with customer architects to agree technical designs, advising on estimated effort and technical implications of user stories and user journeys. It’s a fast-paced environment so it is important for you to make sound, reasoned decisions. You’ll do this whilst learning about new technologies and approaches, with room to learn, develop and grow.
Minimum (essential) requirements:
- Experience delivering software designs for multi-tiered modern software applications.
- Experience of technical ownership for a product/software project, including architecture, estimation, product planning and user story/requirement creation.
- Understands non-functional concerns for customers and has experience incorporating these into the application design.
- Has experience with public cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, including SaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Able to simply and clearly communicate technical design in conversation, documentation and presentations.
- Able to make effective decisions within fast-moving delivery.
- Experience mentoring and coaching members of your team and wider community.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to communicate issues to technical and non-technical people.
- Experience of multiple programming languages and data storage technologies.
- Active participation in knowledge sharing activities, both within the team and at a wider capability level and externally where appropriate.
- Has participated in technology communities.
Who you are:
Our vision is to enable outstanding people to create digital solutions that have a positive impact on people’s lives. Our values aren't abstract; they are the behaviours we expect from each other every day, and underpin everything that we do. We expect everyone to display our values by being determined in how obstacles are overcome; honest when dealing with others; respectful of how you treat others; creative to find solutions to complex problems and cooperative by sharing information, knowledge and experience.
These values, applied collectively, help to produce an outstanding Kainos person, team and culture.
About us :
Kainos is a high-growth IT services company providing digital technology solutions and agile software development to enterprise customers. Across our 30-year history, we have worked on transformational projects across government, NHS and a myriad of private sector clients.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132183