Junior SQL Database Administrator
Junior SQL Database Administrator
Permanent, Full time role working a standard of 37.5 hours per week.
Advanced Discovery is the largest, longest established UK based eDiscovery, and legal document services firm.
About the Junior SQL Database Administrator:
We are recruiting for a Junior SQL Database Administrator to support, monitor and maintain the SQL databases and infrastructure that our Relativity environment runs on. This role involves Microsoft SQL Server administration, application support of the Relativity program, and some work with the Windows servers that make up the platform.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor level qualification specializing in SQL database management and administration. This role is part of the IT Team, and will provide maintenance and support of the Relativity environment. Relativity runs wholly on a Microsoft Windows environment, using Microsoft SQL Server, mostly version 2016. There are multiple instances managed from the London office, and as business grows, further instances of Relativity will be added to the UK Teams' remit, including additional instances in the UK and across Europe.
Some of the day to day tasks of the Junior SQL Database Administrator include:
- Monitoring and optimising performance
- Reviewing maintenance plans, ensuring backup and replication tasks are verified
- Log file management
- Work with internal team to provide first line Relativity support
- Review and monitor long running queries and proactively suggest improvements
- Additional tasks include working with third party support to provide solutions, assist in the planning and execution of upgrades to Relativity and the SQL Servers.
Requirements of the Junior SQL Database Administrator:
- At least 24 months of experience in a role where SQL database administration was more than 50% of the requirement of that role.
- Experience of working with mission critical databases where performance and uptime are key to business and operational success.
- Experience with MS SQL versions 2012, 2014 and 2016 and strong understanding of Structure Query Language, including writing and executing queries, maintenance plans/jobs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office including Outlook, Windows Server OS (2008 R2, 2012).
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a discipline of relevance to the role.
- Experience with Relativity, or similar eDiscovery software platforms
- Experience of working in the eDiscovery/eDisclosure industry, a law firm or similar environment.
- Excellent personal organisation skills, and ability to assess and prioritise tasks.
- Relativity Certified Infrastructure specialist
- Relativity Certified Administrator.
Your core hours will be Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:30, but we do expect a level of flexibility beyond that, to ensure that work is completed within the time required.
Advanced Discovery operates on a 24/7 basis and as such it is often necessary to be flexible regarding hours worked and to accommodate out of normal working hours support issues, e.g. some maintenance periods conducted over the weekend.
If you feel that you meet the above criteria of the Junior SQL Database Administrator role then please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960131353