Senior Project Engineer - Rolling Stock
SNC-Lavalin is renowned for its Rolling Stock expertise with over 500 professionals across the Group in this product area alone. Our dedicated Rolling Stock Projects team help to deliver anything from major engineering change through to supervising the delivery of new Rolling Stock Projects.
Our knowledge and innovative approach can be relied upon to deliver the solution to suit your business needs. As corporate members of Association for Project Management, the Projects Team has incorporated APM’s Body of Knowledge into our in-house project management processes. This knowledge and process-driven best practice are combined with the broad experience of our project and programme managers, and Project Engineers many of whom are Members of APM or APMP qualified, to ensure clients’ investments are delivered on time, to the required quality and on budget.
The role of Senior Project Engineer is to provide high quality services to client as well as acting as a source of guidance and expertise to colleagues and clients alike.
2018 promises to be an exciting year for SNC-Lavalin following the acquisition of Atkins, particularly in the UK. The Rail & Transit division continues to grow and our Rolling Stock Projects team is now looking for a Senior Project Engineer to deliver some challenging deliverables in the year ahead and beyond.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Respond efficiently to client enquiries
- Assist in targeting clients, as per pre assigned portfolios on the basis of developing continued and new business
- Assist in marketing the services of the SNC-Lavalin group and to compile offers of services to clients
- Continually review the opportunities for expanding our client base, in conjunction with Team Leader
- Contribute towards the production and update of client development plans for a group of key clients
- Contribute towards the delivery of company sales and profitability targets
- Maintain professional expertise by participating in an approved Continuing Professional Development Scheme
- To manage or support tasks as allocated by the Team Leader for clients, including estimating, tendering, planning and execution
- To ensure that work is completed on time, to budget, and to the client's satisfaction
- Create and maintain reporting processes and systems to ensure line manager is kept fully up to date with work progress.
- Create, manage and maintain effective cross-functional, interdepartmental relationships to ensure the organisation delivers the most valuable service to customers.
- Accountable for proactively identifying and resolving key safety risks in all relevant projects.
Essential Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will have rolling stock experience supporting projects and/or project teams either in a new build, maintenance or operating capacity and demonstrate;
- A good understanding of Rolling Stock, their due diligence and of the UK Rail Industry as a whole;
- Will have a degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent desirable; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
Desirable Experience & Skills
- Membership of a Professional Body is an advantage;
- Project Management experience and Membership of the Association of Project Management (APM);
- Ability to read, write and communicate in a language additional to English advantageous.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, personal and company performance related bonus schemes, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.
Closing date for applications is 5th March 2018
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129476