Maintenance Engineer - Rail
Due to growth in the area, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join our team and be based in North Pole; the train maintenance centre in West London.
As a Maintenance Engineer, your role will be to conduct fault finding, engine maintenance and repairs to a very high standard. At times, you will be attending and participating in meetings with the customer.
Innovation is in our DNA at Rolls-Royce. We develop integrated power and propulsion solutions that continually break new ground across multiple markets.
MTU is one of the world's leading suppliers of drives and power systems for marine applications, for heavy land, rail and defence vehicles, and for the oil and gas industry. In the traditional spirit of pioneers and inventors such as our founders, Wilhelm and Karl Maybach, and Rolls and Royce, we work to develop solutions that are fit for the future. These include our 10, 000 kW diesel engine, our ecologically sound co-generation module, and our innovative injection systems.
- Conduct planned maintenance tasks up to QL3 level.
- Undertake fault finding and repair when required using appropriate technical information (e.g. technical drawings and finding guides).
- Complete measurement calculations to agreed specifications.
- Be proactive in the company's QM & H&S management processes.
- Maintain cleanliness of the MTU on-site office.
- Attend local and factory training courses as required.
- Participate in 24/7 shift working including callout when required.
- Experience of working on diesel engines.
- Strong engineering and electrical background, ideally from automotive or off-highway industry.
- Experience on hydraulics systems and ideally power generation.
- You must be conversant with diesel engines and control systems and capable of using both traditional and PC based diagnostics. The position is not restricted to purely mechanical skills, so you will need to have reasonable electrical competence/knowledge.
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to interact with other customers and suppliers.
- Ability to undertake a physically demanding role and ability to work 24/7 shifts.
We offer excellent development prospects, along with a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, childcare vouchers, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Create an enduring network. Join us and you'll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for excellence and innovation.
Trusted to deliver excellence.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960130686