Title Project Engineer - Electro Chenical Energy
Start Date Asap
Contract Term 3 Months initially
My Client is one of Europe's largest battery research centres - the battery testing and characterisation research group specialises in multidisciplinary research into techniques that deliver a deeper and more comprehensive understanding of the behaviour of energy storage technologies. Our research covers all aspects of energy system development from materials, individual cells, through to complete battery packs. The group has an exciting opportunity for a creative, ambitious and flexible person looking ; to join the rapidly evolving area of battery research.
To deliver research and development activities in the field of electro-chemical energy storage testing and characterisation primarily working on the HVM Catapult funded Battery Testing & Characterisation project.
The successful candidate will possess a good track record gained through either an industrial or academic career, in the following areas:
- Electrochemical engineering,
- Energy storage systems,
- Testing and characterisation techniques,
- Collaborative working within multidisciplinary projects.
It is important that candidates have good experience or a deep interest in the fields of energy storage, electric vehicles, renewable energy and low carbon technologies and are able to evidence their capability in a subset of the following areas:
- Knowledge of electrochemical energy storage systems, such as Lithium-ion, Sodium-ion, Lithium-Sulphur or super-capacitors
- Knowledge of electro-chemical energy storage characterisation techniques
- Familiar with a range of battery cycling equipment and battery testing protocols for characterising cell performance, degradation and ageing
- Electrical engineering, electronics, instrumentation, sensors
Duties and Responsibilities
- To carry out defined programs of work from various stakeholders in support of the HVM Catapult Battery Testing and Characterisation research group activities I and objectives.
- To provide a professional interface to our customers and stakeholders including industrial partners, academics, students and visitors.
- To record and track project deliverables to ensure timely delivery of the project and research outputs to meet customer expectations.
- To assist in the design, and validation of new test and characterisation methods to investigate the behaviour of electrochemical energy storage devices.
- To share information with colleagues and produce technical recommendations, practical tools and advice to other team members, project partners, academics and students.
- To identify, operate and install such equipment as required to support the project objectives.
- To ensure all relevant Health and Safety processes and policies are implemented and adhered to.
- An honours degree in a relevant subject (such as any chemistry or materials-related discipline) or equivalent industry experience
- A good understanding of electrochemical energy storage technologies such as Lithium-ion batteries, super-capacitors or other energy storage devices, and applicable test and characterisation techniques
To apply for the role or for further information please contact Carol on *********** or email *****************************
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Intec (UK) Ltd was established in 1980 by Engineers for Engineers. We deliver Global Recruitment Solutions within the Oil & Gas, Power, Nuclear, Utilities, Rail, Construction and Aerospace Sectors for Owner/Operators, Consultancies, Contractors and Sub-Contractors.
For a free, confidential service register your details on velosi-intec where you will find a full list of live positions. Intec (UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129374