Project Engineer - OBD Calibration Engineer
Job Title: Project Engineer - OBD Calibration Engineer
Job Location: Warwick University, Coventry, West Midlands, UK
Job Salary: £45k-£48k per annum (dependent upon experience)
This role exists to enable the production of in house calibration for our future engine families. To develop calibrations for the Powertrain on test beds and in vehicle. To manage the calibration test programmes and the numerous suppliers required achieving delivery of a fully certified vehicle calibration system meeting the programme objectives. To assess and feedback issues to the Powertrain calibration team to enable the calibration to meet European and US certification standards.
Key responsibilities & tasks
- Lead and support calibration activity on defined projects, assimilate and distribute knowledge within the team reporting to the Powertrain Calibration manager
- Ability to act as Technical project lead for new EMS calibration functions
- Lead OBD calibration development as defined by OBD technical specialist.
- Be part of a project team to create and develop the various aspects of calibration for all company Vehicles
- Manage and support external facilities and suppliers to achieve Calibration team goals
- Represent the company externally at a senior level with regard to calibration activities and supplier visits
- Report progress vs plans at Director level within the company
- Prepare project-timing plans for the Powertrain and programme teams to support model year actions and major design changes.
- Prepare reports of all findings from Test bed, Vehicle testing and environmental testing of the vehicle, and present these to all levels up to director technical meetings
- Initiate and prepare modifications to the calibration on future model year actions
- Guide, direct and train to develop other team members
Qualifications & experience
- Ideally educated to Degree level or equivalent relevant experience.
- Extensive experience within automotive vehicle manufacturer, preferably with experience of emissions calibration of gasoline engines.
- Recent direct experience of application of new technologies including gasoline particulate filters
- Full UK driving license
- Ability to work in hot and cold climates
- Prepared to support overseas suppliers on a regular basis
How to Apply
If you are interested in progressing your career as the Project Engineer - OBD Calibration Engineer, apply now for immediate consideration.
PLEASE NOTE: If you require visa sponsorship to work in the UK you CANNOT be considered for this role.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132895