We are currently recruiting for a market leading manufacturer, serving global markets, who require a Test Engineer with responsibility for designing and implementing tests to validate machine performance and improve reliability for new and existing products.
Test Engineer key tasks
- Design and commission test equipment, jigs and fixtures;
- Provide ‘hands on’ testing services for product development teams to validate new products;
- Be point of contact for new product development teams and take responsibility of testing activates for an individual new product;
- Design test processes to validate machine design and performance considering through life use and likely failure modes.
- Plan and oversee the periodic inspection of existing products and test reliability on a proactive basis to prevent failures developing in the field;
- Design and conduct experiments to solve 8D problems as part of the company’s team-based problem-solving methodology;
- Implement and specify data logging solutions on prototype machines to determine the machines life cycle tests and ongoing reliability tests;
- Produce test reports;
- Plan and coordinate offsite testing operations such as EMC, Off road testing and Environmental tests;
- Record all findings and results in an accurate traceable way to ensure future value of the results.
Test Engineer Skills and Qualifications:
- Relevant Engineering Degree / HNC/HND/Apprenticed trained if combined with sufficient levels of experience;
- Familiar with the capabilities and practical installation of typical instrumentation i.e. K-Type thermocouples, pressure sensors and data loggers;
- Familiar with ‘Microsoft’ packages and computer literate;
- Basic understanding of Hydraulics/Electronics/Engineering drawings.
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a position as a Test Engineer working with a world class engineering organisation. You will be rewarded with an excellent remuneration package and opportunities to develop your career further.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven’t been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven’t been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129635