1st Line Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer - 1st Line / Helpdesk - Oxford - £20k
I have an exciting opportunity to work within an IT business, providing 1st line IT support in the Oxford area. This role will be working with Microsoft Active Directory as well as other technologies and having a working knowledge of supporting IT hardware i.e: printers, desktops, laptops etc.
*A chance to be part of a great environment with the prospects to grow and strengthen your skills*
Working in a team on the Service Desk, the role will be phone and remote support based.
The role is split into three areas.
1. Taking calls on the helpdesk via or ticketing system/email or phone and
working to complete tickets to resolution
2. Scheduling the field engineers for site visits.
3. Hardware repairs
In addition to undertaking the duties as outlines above, you may be required to undertake other duties, within reason, that may be required of you.
Mon - Fri (8-5 or 9-6) Including the occasional weekend. You will be required to work 8 bank holidays and will therefore get 28 days of holiday as well as TOIL to compensate for this.
* Proven experience in a first line IT Support Role.
* Ability to use remote support applications.
* Excellent client-facing skills, including ability to handle demanding customers with tact and diplomacy.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Excellent phone manner.
* Basic understanding of networking technologies.
* A working knowledge of supporting IT hardware including printers, desktops, laptops and mobile devices.
* Experience of using Microsoft Active Directory User.
James Turley - IT Recruitment Consultant - ************* -
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132755