Software Systems Engineer
Software Systems Engineer
A unique set up, a company who designs and manufactures bespoke machinery and equipment are currently seeking to recruit a Software Systems Engineer to their state of the art plant in Bridgend. Their market is the automotive and aerospace world, they supply these sectors on a global scale.
To take responsibility for the design, development and maintenance of the software and control systems for existing and future software projects. This would include writing of all documentation relating to these software projects which are agreed with the Engineering Manager. To provide support to New Product Development Project Managers and the Service Manager in relation to their tasks for developing new products and maintaining existing products.
- To provide complete back up capabilities to the Software Systems Manager in relation to all products as agreed from time to time.
- Carry out analysis of software requirements according to product definition and specific customer needs as required
- Design and development of software code to meet specified requirements using the software language(s) most appropriate to the system, noting legacy systems are coded in VB.net, including customer defined upgrades
- Prepare module descriptions, test plans and procedures and other software documentation as required, verifying that the software product is in accordance with the specified requirements
- Liaise with end users and other relevant contractors and sub-contractors in order to ensure compliance with system requirements
- Support field installations on site around the world as required
- Participate in investigations into system problems which may arise at any stage from design, coding and testing through to acceptance and on-going use of the products.
- Propose, define and implement solutions to problems including bug-fixing and system modification and/or enhancement so as to prevent as far as possible recurrence of problems
The candidate will be educated to HND/Degree level preferably in Computer Science, Computer Studies or Mathematics. Other candidates will be considered with relevant skills and experience.
The candidate will have a solid engineering background developing computer based control systems in .net languages for the control of complex automated machine tools. This must include hands on experience with VB.net and C#. The candidate will have a proven track record in software development as a dedicated programmer or as part of a small team for at least 5 years or more.
The candidate will be experienced in the full product life cycle from initial specification, through development, test, deployment and product support (local and remote).
The candidate will have experience of travelling to customer locations for new system installation, troubleshooting and upgrades as applicable.
- Microsoft Visual Studio (VB6, VB.NET, C, C#)
- Raspberry Pi development (under Windows 10)
- Multi Serial Communications
- Socket / Ethernet Communications
- PLC experience (Mitsubishi, OMRON, TRIO)
- Digital I/O processing.
- Analogue I/O processing.
- Blue Chip Technologies Industrial Control I/O cards
- Vision systems
- Frame grabbers
- X/Y Table control
- Motion controllers
- Front end application development
- Industrial laser control / applications
- Factory automation
If you would like to apply for the Software Systems Engineer position, please send your CV with relevant qualification to Adrienn Turoczi
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132926