MAYA Look Dev / Lighting TD
Paramex are searching for a MAYA Look Development Artist, to be based on a client site in the Northwest. We are seeking someone with strong lighting skills and an understanding of Maya shader networks and PBR. There will be the opportunity of an immediate start for the successful candidate. This is a long term contract position.
In this role you will be responsible for the material development, lighting, and overall look development of luxury automotive interiors and exteriors. You will develop virtual environments, texture maps, shaders and lighting for the rendering of Hyper Real images for a luxury automotive car configurator and directly related CGI media.
Previous experience may include working as a texture artist, look development artist, TD, possibly including shader development and you will have proven experience of using Maya in production CGI environments, demonstrating an ability to create high-quality lighting sets to match creative or photographic references.
Applicants presenting examples of photorealistic vehicles or product work will be reviewed with priority.
- Working on the lighting, shading, and rendering of images with a set deadline to customer quality standards.
- Assist with the creation of documentation for lighting guidelines and techniques
- Implement workflow, scripts and tools as needed.
- Communicate with other team members on concerns and production issues ahead of time.
- Be a positive and creative force in building a healthy work and team culture.
Required Skills and Experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional look dev / texturing / shading experience in VFX.
- A reel/portfolio showing your lighting, colouring. and shading work.
- Strong demonstrable experience with Maya and Arnold.
- Strong LookDev skills (both artistically and technically), with an excellent understanding of physically based shading and rendering.
- Excellent attention to detail and photorealism.
- Knowledge of 3D production pipelines.
- Technical and creative problem solving with a can-do mindset.
- Must have experience creating and manipulating shading networks and defining templates for other artists.
- Fluent English.
- Knowledge of Python, MEL / PyMEL
- Shader writing experience.
- Experience in Cloth and Hair simulation and shading
- German language a plus.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132623