1st Line Support Engineer
Our Client is a rapidly growing IT services company seeking an experienced (1yr+) 1st line support engineer to work on a busy IT helpdesk. The role requires telephone fault logging and 1st line support engineer skills with enterprise level large company clients. Key skills include exceptional 1st line support engineer / IT helpdesk telephone skills, ticketing systems familiarity and ideally windows 10, Office 365 and basic fault diagnosis / resolution. You will need your own car given their location.
Being a Microsoft Gold Partner you will be exposed to the latest enterprise software such as Windows Server, Office 365, ADS Active Directory, TCP/IP, VOIP, LAN and WAN, and Azure cloud infrastructure services and work alongside a young dynamic and sociable team. Offering an excellent working environment, this role is an excellent opportunity to build your IT technical support skills at an enterprise level to accelerate your long term career.
You will have excellent 1st line support incident and problem analysis, diagnosis and resolution skills, ensuring that incidents and requests are resolved and implemented to agreed standards and timescales whilst utilising the call-logging software. You will be a confident member of the Service Centre team understanding when an incident you are working on needs escalating to a senior team member.Your interpersonal skills will mean that you feel just as comfortable dealing with a junior member of a customer’s team as you would be conversing with a director. This will be both in person and over the phone. As part of the team you will encourage and maintain a positive employee culture of good communications, customer care and continuous improvement.
When your team mates need help, you’ll be there, that might mean getting involved in other aspects of the day to day Service Centre that are not normally part of your role.You will be open to doing things in a new way and embrace change. You will take advantage of appropriate training opportunities as they arise, in order to keep up to date with relevant skills and development.|
Special Circumstances When required Participate in shift rota averaging out at 40 hours per week. The post holder may opt out of the 48 hour (Working Time Directive). The post holder may be required to visit customer places of work as required, whereby all travel expenses fully reimbursed The post holder will be required to assist in the preparation and dispatch of IT equipment. The post holder may be required to undertake training as specified.
Experience and Knowledge required
- Experience in providing 1st line support and customer service support in an IT environment
- Experience of Call Centre, Helpdesk, Service Desk or other telephone based service or support function
- General 1st line support engineer / Helpdesk / Service Desk skills (communication, information gathering, problem solving)
- Experience in using service desk applications to log and monitor support calls
- Experience of working with third parties
- General network connectivity/troubleshooting
- Windows based networks and servers - Windows Server, Windows 7-10
- Exposure to remote control software for fault diagnosis and fixing
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- Active Directory basics
- Configuring and setting up of printers and print queues
- Microsoft Exchange basics
- MS Office 2003-2010Skills, Abilities and Competencies Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, written and oral, confident with all levels of user up to and including director level
- A strong, amiable and flexible team-player
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £17,000.00 to £19,000.00 /year depending on experience + excellent training
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960130507