BI Data Analyst
Job Title: BI Data Analyst
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 + benefits
I have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced Business Intelligence Data Analyst with my client based in central Bristol. My client are a specialist professional services business who are recognised as market leaders in their field of expertise with an excellent reputation as an employer of choice within the Bristol area.
Due to continued growth and a major investment back into their Data and Business Intelligence function they are looking to recruit an experienced BI Data Analyst to join their team based in Bristol. As part of the Data Team you will support the activities and plans of the business units, providing expertise in data delivery to enable them to bring certainty to their client deliverables.
The successful candidate will be part the business Intelligence team responsible for delivering analysis and Insight to the business. It reports in to the Business Intelligence Manager, with a wide range of stakeholders from across the business. This role will be part of the Business Intelligence project responsible for delivering a system that pulls data from all areas of the business into one place to allow accurate decision making.
- To support the business with analysis and insight
- To support in creating a data led culture
- Work with the business to understand their needs and deliver appropriate reporting and insight to support decision making
- Support the Business Intelligence project to deliver a system that is robust and meets the business needs
- Undertake insight and analysis to support the business with key decision making
- Share insight, knowledge and analysis across the business
- Identify trends in both internal and external data
- To develop relationships across the business and promote Business Intelligence
- Maintain a good working knowledge of other areas of the business, and activities of our competitors; keep up to date with trends and developments within the sector
- To support SME's on the project to understand their requirements and the best way to analyse the data to display real insight
- To work with the data quality lead to make sure that all data quality in relation to BI is understood and being improved where needed
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience of adding business value through analysing data and insight
- Commercial experience interrogating systems for data
- Strong numerate and analytical skills with the ability to work with various data sources, identifying efficiency benefits
- Experience of working on projects independently and collaborating as part of the team
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills
- Strong planning and prioritisation experience with a focus on project delivery
- Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to manage own time effectively, prioritising, multitasking and meeting deadlines
- Possesses a positive and collegiate attitude, with the ability to adapt swiftly and a willingness to undertake challenging tasks to ensure customer satisfaction
- Strong IT and systems skills including Microsoft Excel and SQL
- Experience of Tableau (desirable)
If you are interested in the applying for this exciting and challenging position, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to ***************************** in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129381