Our Client, based in Worcester, are looking to add a Software Tester to their existing team. Reporting to the Testing Team Lead, the purpose of the role is to work within an Agile team, delivering Quality, increasing the velocity of the sprint and implementing QA Strategy and Plan.
- Provide Quality Assurance and testing expertise for legacy insurance systems.
- Work with stakeholders to identify risk based tests in an agile methodology
- Contribute to maintenance of current regression scripts impacted by assigned projects
- When needed, run manual/automation technical tests as part of the assigned projects
- Working with the Test Lead to introduce new tools / techniques in testing, improving test coverage, reducing testing time and improving defect identification.
- Works within development teams and business to identify a test/QA solution, provide a strategy, estimates, and test plan
- Works with the project to provide analysis of business and user needs, documenting requirements, and translating into test and quality solutions.
- Defines capability improvement opportunities for the testing organization
- Remains current on test methods, techniques, and tools
- Provides accurate and timely test status reports
- Provide QA support to the Scrum Teams for the execution of tests during the development phase under the management of a Scrum Master.
- ISEB/ISTQB Foundation Certificate software testing – advantageous.
- Experience of implementing complex test plans in a variety of environments
- Excellent understanding of the testing lifecycle, phase test objectives, entry/exit acceptance criteria and Risk-based approaches to the testing lifecycle definition.
- Experience of working in pressured environment to strict deadlines.
- Experience working as an automation tester:
- Experience in coding with C#, .NET, Java or Ruby
- Automation experience with Calabash, Xamarin or Appium
- Knowledge of Selenium & Cucumber/Specflow
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960131384