Advanced Automation Research Engineer
The National Composites Centre is Building the future for Composites.
We are an innovative, people focused manufacturing research facility, which values individual contributions and encourages self-development. This is a stimulating environment with exposure to projects and customers across multiple sectors.
This is an exciting time in Automation. We’re in the process of developing cutting-edge, automated preforming technology. This is not a turnkey process, but a constantly evolving capability, that will evolve according to customer requirements.
The selected candidate will be central to developing the preforming cell and will be given the opportunity to learn Siemens control systems
You are an Advanced Automation Engineer with solid experience of robotic equipment operation and good exposure to a data acquisition and closed-loop control and verification. You will enjoy problem solving and creating novel answers to our customer’s problems.
You can liaise confidently with clients and colleagues alike, to investigate and evaluate engineering challenges and develop cutting-edge solutions.
You will be passionate about innovation and developing new processes and systems.
To be responsible for technical process development and the delivery of automated processes and equipment in accordance with related manufacturing policies, documents and procedures.
To be involved in the virtual and practical integration of automation systems and end effectors within the NCC.
Automation & Robotics
- The development of new automation/ robotic processes and equipment.
- Assist with the integration and commissioning of new equipment.
- End effector development and deployment.
- Process development and customer/supplier liaison.
- Develop to be/ act as automation technical expert.
- Technical operation of robotic cell.
- Liaise with the research engineering team to define requirements and ensure best practice and process developments are captured.
- Lead technical challenges and assist with manufacturing documentation and customer quotations.
- Develop in depth knowledge of processes, machine operation, maintenance and potential modifications/ developments.
- Off line programming and knowledge transfer to expand staff expertise.
- Adhere to the NCC QMS or customer component specifications.
Policy and Quality Adherence
- Ensure adherence to NCC codes, standards and other contractual documents that control automation/ robotic methods.
- Knowledge of robot/ numerical control equipment operation.
- Experience of composite manufacturing.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- Team player.
- Pro-active and highly driven.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Practical and good manual dexterity.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Experience of automation, simulation and Off Line Programming.
The NCC offers a competitive salary and benefits package, but most importantly we offer the opportunity for growth. The drive and aptitude to self-develop and learn is essential.
We are committed to equality of opportunity and recognise the contribution that every individual can make to the success of the organisation. We welcome and encourage applications from a diverse range of candidates, irrespective of background or personal circumstances.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132275