Infrastructure Project Engineer
VIQU are working in partnership with a Managed Service provider, to recruit a Project Engineer on a permanent basis.
As project engineer, you will work as part of the project services to assist in a wide variety of IT projects which will include:
* Office 365 implementation and migrations
* Core infrastructure upgrades and installations
* Virtualisation of customer's existing environments
* Migrations from VMware to Hyper-V
* Network upgrades -
* Firewall set up and configuration - (SonicWall and CISO)
The role will require an individual with a well-rounded Infrastructure background, due to the varied nature of the work involved. Strong experience in all areas such as network, server and hardware are essential, this will include configuration, implementation and supporting core Infrastructure.
Alongside the technical work that will be required, this role is customer facing which will see you tasked with working with a customer based to manage ongoing projects, working to agreed SLA's. This will require the you to possess excellent interpersonal skills.
Technical skills required for the role include:
* End-user Computing: Microsoft and Apple operating systems, Office and Office 365 plus mobile device management systems
* Messaging & Collaboration: Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint and other Office 365 applications
* Servers & Virtualisation: Microsoft Operating Systems, UNIX, Linux and OS-X, Hyper-V, VMware.
Other requirements for the role include:
-Previous experience working in a Managed Service Provider Environment
-Previously worked in a Project Engineer capacity
-Excellent knowledge of Microsoft products
-Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
-The flexibility to travel to customer site when required
To discuss this exciting opportunity in more detail, please APPLY NOW for a no obligation chat with your VIQU Consultant. Additionally, you can contact Gary Billings, by exploring the VIQU IT Recruitment website.
If you know someone who would be ideal for this role, by way of showing our appreciation, VIQU is offering an introduction fee up to £1,000 once your referral has successfully started work with our client (terms apply).
To be the first to hear about other exciting opportunities, technology and recruitment news, please also follow us at 'VIQU IT Recruitment' on LinkedIn,and Twitter: @VIQU_UK
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129338