Midweight Drupal Developer
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary & Benefits: £42,000- £45,000
World leading and pioneering medical research centre and charity organisation that are going through an exciting period of growth for digital with the launch of a new organisational strategy and digital transformation to meet fundraising goals. They are now embarking on an ambitious programme of development to bring other sites on to the drupal platform, including an ecommerce site, the donation platform and online event registration, as well as reviewing the information architecture of the sites.
They are integrating the charity website with the new Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution, and other systems in the charity. They also have wider projects across the charity to move to Office 365 and SharePoint document management system. To achieve these projects, they have built an in-house development team using a combination of development, UX and testing skills, working closely with the content team and wider stakeholders. They are also looking to plan the move from Drupal 7 to Drupal 8 alongside other projects and you would play a lead role in this project.
You will be in part responsible for the functional development for Drupal projects across all the charity and hospital sites with the vision of creating leading websites across the industry sector. You will work within a Digital Development team to deliver stories within an agile, scrum delivery environment using full stack Drupal development and advising and helping on other solutions as required. Working with the team and project manager to ensure on time delivery. Maintaining JIRA tickets, producing fully commented and documented code that meets our functional and non-functional requirements. You will also produce and help maintain acceptance criteria and tests used within our Bamboo continuous integration environment.
You will be encouraged to take an active part in the Drupal community, contributing to projects and in industry forums - for example taking an active role in the JustGiving module development or the Open Charity user group. Constantly improving your knowledge to keep up with new technologies and innovations.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Active and contributing member of a scrum team
- Code review and release
- Work with the Digital Development and Digital Engagement teams, and Management to specify, write acceptance criteria, develop, deploy, maintain and support stories in an Agile environment
- Behat documentation for Acceptance Criteria
- Consult on new digital requirements
- Work with external development resources at agencies or freelance to deliver stories through continuous delivery
- Help with the support of the sites along side internal operational resources, Acquia and agencies
- Help create and maintain documentation for development, test, deployment and training
- Participate in the Drupal community and represent the charity within open source and digital industry forums
- Positively contribute to team objectives
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience of Atlassian suite (JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Bitbucket/Stash)
- Agile & Scrum experience
In return you will get to work for an organisation that really makes a difference to and saves lives and they provided a structured career path with training and study leave opportunities, flexible working conditions, 30 days holiday, very generous NHS pension scheme, season ticket loans and much more.
To be considered for this great new opportunity apply now and one of our consultants will be in touch shortly.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126668