Clements Grey has engaged with a key client and a leading food manufacturer based in the Bedfordshire area. Reporting in to the Site Operations Manager they are currently looking to recruit for an Engineering Manager on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to lead engineering & Facilities department and its functions. You will be managing engineering capital expenditure, projects and engineering team.
You will be responsible for the day to day direction, management and control of engineering & Facilities department and project resources together with the development of close working relationships with other departments and external contractors.
- To manage multi-skilled activities on plant/ machinery/ equipment / workshop between electrical, electronic, mechanical and refurbishment work ensuring high standards are maintained and working within current Codes of Practice and within performance measures and timescales
- Total responsibility for facilities management for UK based site; ensuring the office facilities are efficiently and effectively managed in relation to office space, desk, chair and mechanical & electrical equipment; overall responsibility for any office moves - planning and coordinating thereof; maintaining the site in a good state of appearance and repairs including all furniture, equipment's, building and facilities, roads and pathways, grounds and gardens
- Planning and managing breakdown and planned preventative maintenance on a wide range of packaging plant & machinery across the company
- Perform fault diagnosis leading to resolution of random failures on packaging plant / machinery
- To contribute to engineering project activities and if need be sometimes coordinating these activities
- Provide technical experience/expertise/ information to assist others (engineers/ machine operators) in resolution of equipment issues
- To take ownership of specific improvement jobs and projects, seeing them through to successful completion with in the agreed budget.
- To purchase, maintain and conduct control stock of spare engineering parts required for plant/ machinery / equipment.
- To create, maintain and update work orders, plan maintenance, and any other department quality system forms
- To maintain the "Lock Out Pads" register
- To ensure the department complies with company policies, company procedures and company Food safety policies and procedures
- To ensure that safe working practices are maintained in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act, Safety Policies and department instructions. Always ensure that a safe working environment is maintained, returning used equipment and that the area is kept clean and tidy
- To take part in risk assessments and formulation of method statements to assist in safe undertaking of any job
- To ensure all risk assessments & safe systems at work are read, understood and followed
- To efficiently plan and lead engineering department during holidays / absence of your reportees and manager
- Any other reasonable duties assigned by the management.
- Any ad hoc projects
- To ensure that all Health and Safety standards are maintained and that you show due diligence at all times. You should report any bad practices to the Health and Safety Adviser
- To comply with all company policies and procedures e.g. health & safety, training & development, quality, disciplinary & grievance and sickness & absence etc.
- To carry out any other reasonable requests to meet the needs of the business.
Sound Interesting? Contact Daniel Warby at Clements Grey for further details.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132187