Technical Sales Engineer
Our client has evolved through decades to become a true centre of manufacturing excellence and offers bespoke precision engineering manufacturing for technology-based companies. They are based over two sites occupying 95,000 sq. ft. and are now looking to expand their sales team by appointing a Technical Sales Engineer.
Reporting directly to the Sales Manager, this is a fantastic opportunity to develop into the company's Sales Manager and beyond. The role of the Technical Sales Engineer requires a general engineering background, ideally apprenticeship trained with knowledge and experience in Milling, Turning, Sheet Metal, Plating and Painting, with an understanding of ISO 9001, AS9100 and ISO 14001.
Applications from ex-military personnel (Royal Air Force, Royal Navy, British Army, and Royal Marines) with suitably transferrable skills and experience are strongly encouraged.
Our client's projects cover anything from complex scientific equipment and industrial inkjet printers to aerospace assemblies and remote weapon controls for the defence industry.
As the Technical Sales Engineer, you will predominantly look for sales opportunities for the whole group, win new business and be confident in prospecting and growing the existing business.
You will be expected to efficiently manage key accounts, acting as the internal link to customers in all respects, and ideally be out on the road 4 to 5 days per week.
- Develop relationships in all areas of the customer's hierarchies
- Provide new business opportunities within appropriate market segments
- Seek new business opportunities for the whole group.
- Sell up to incorporate value added services and logistics.
- Effectively manage New Business Projects
- Drive on time delivery of quotations, recognising pricing needs to optimise margin and profitability
- Support Customer Services, Manufacturing Services Team and any other relevant members of staff regarding speedy resolution of customer related issues, necessary to ensure on time delivery
- Close out any invoice queries monthly and ensure prompt payment is maintained
- Negotiate commercial terms as required
- Forecasts and reports to be updated to the required deadlines, in the format agreed and communicated to the Sales Manager
- Customer specific monitors and KPI's to be reviewed, actions noted and resolved on a regular and frequent basis.
- Report customers view of our client's performance to relevant parts of company in an appropriate format
- To take a champions role to quality issues with your customers, to be proactive and add a commercial aspect to quality.
- Update relevant metrics/database as required to allow monitoring of company performance
- Partake in staff meetings
- Increase visitor numbers to all divisions of the Group
Personal Specification & Responsibilities:
Essential key skills would include:
- Strong people management skills
- Able to show a proven track record in sales
- Excellent relationship builder and strong communication skills
- Be a solid team player
- Good decision maker
- Must be personable and engaging
- Establish expectations of quality and to develop a team environment.
- Self-motivated and motivated by success
- Presentable and diligent
- Be the ambassador for the company's client
- Knowledge of the practical application of manufacturing and Lean Engineering
- Understanding of ISO 9001, AS9100 and ISO 14001
- Ensure all company standards are promoted and maintained
- Ensure safe working practices at all times.
- Ensure commitment and application of the company Quality, Environmental and HS Policies.
- Carry out any other duties which may from time to time be reasonably requested to assist in the day to day running of the company.
- Knowledge of renewables/wind turbine and robotics (desirable)
Training and Development
The role demands an engineering background with technical sales ability, a thorough induction will be given and on the job training will be ongoing.
Salary: Up to £40,000 per annum + car allowance
- 23 days' holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- 4% contributory pension scheme
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960130875