Lead Software Architect - C; C Java; Python
Nigel Wright have partnered exclusively with a cutting edge and innovative software house who have recently been acquired and are now about to enter a huge transition phase as well as develop and push new products to market. They are looking to engage an exceptional and commercially aware Lead Software Architect who, working closely with the CTO, will provide strategic architectural and technical leadership.
- 6 month contract
- Lead software architect
- Client facing
- Newcastle location
You will determine the technical architecture (i.e. the organisation and structure of the major components and their interaction and interfaces) of their product and acts with the Product Owner (who defines 'what the customer needs') and the Engineering team (who are implementing 'what the product must do') co-ordinate designs for major solutions and/or assess developer software designs
- Co-ordinates the product's technical architecture, capturing its major components, their interaction and interfaces
- Guide and mentor all levels of technical staff to ensure technical and architectural skills development
- Work closely with SCRUM team to define and refine the product's architecture as it evolves, to address new requirements stemming from new customer needs, product implementation deficiencies and standards updates.
- Take responsibility for major implementation decisions such as definition of the major architectural components.
- Oversee implementations (of major components)
- Work with the Product Owner to define overall requirements (use-cases) of product features while verifying that the product architecture is not compromised
- Undertake architectural spikes to evaluate potential solutions for risk or new technologies.
- Experience of stakeholder management at all levels; both internally and externally with excellent influencing skills.
- Substantial experience in applying architecture principles to effect changes to a business and technical environments.
- Ability to grasp issues of a business nature and explain technical issues in business or technical language.
- Ability to quickly grasp, the business drivers of our product strategy.
- Sound commercial approach to identifying solutions.
- Ability to work with others to deliver continuous improvement
- At least five year's post-graduate software development experience
- Proficient in at least one programming language from the list: C; C+ Java; Python
- Advanced problem-solving skills and the tenacity to find solutions
- Strong collaborative skills - able to work effectively a range of teams and functions
- Communication skills -strong verbal and written English skills
- Well-developed research and analytical skills
- Very detail oriented, able to prioritise and manage multiple issues while maintaining a high level of customer service
Interviews will happen next week with a view to starting within 2 weeks; suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours or call Jackie Coppell on ************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129332