Data Warehouse Developer
Data Warehouse (ETL) Developer
Location: Wimbledon Common
Salary: £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Benefits: Pension (8%) + Shares + Medical Insurance + Life Assurance
Our client is an industry leading Plc organisation based in West London who require a Data Warehouse (ETL) Developer to join an award winning dynamic team for a number of greenfield and existing gaming projects. Applicants will need to have the requisite communication skills demanded by a Plc/blue-chip company.
The Role as Data Warehouse (ETL) Developer
The position as Data Warehouse (ETL) Developer entails working in an existing team of ETL Developers and you will take a proactive lead in design activities and the resolution of major issues. You will be a strong advocate in promoting best development and test approaches as well as providing guidance to less experienced members. You will get a chance to apply your knowledge and skills in both Greenfield and ongoing projects in an Agile environment that will enable the client to provide cutting edge online gaming experiences to their customer base.
- Designing and developing ETL processes for Oracle based Data Warehouse
- Developing and optimising efficient PL/SQL code,
- Writing complex database SQL queries and improving data quality
- Integrating Data Warehouse with Big Data platform
- Delivering high-tech data foundations for reporting and analytics purposes
The Data Warehouse (ETL) Developer candidate background
The client is seeking somebody who is innovative, dynamic, motivated and can work independently. You will have between 3-5 years of commercial experience of Data Warehouse (ETL) Development and need to be highly detail orientated.
In addition to excellent communication, collaboration and people management skills, you should possess very good organisational skills, be a pragmatic person and highly focused on delivery. In addition, you should have the ability to work under pressure on multiple projects. The following technical skills are also required;
- Strong Oracle SQL and PL/SQL development skills with relevant experience commercial
- Extensive knowledge about Data Warehouse concepts (Kimball, Inmon)
- Experience with implementing ETL processes and data structures for Data Warehouse
- Experience with handling large amounts of data
- Analytical mind and ''problem solving'' aptitude
- Good nature and good communication skills
- Experience with Big Data frameworks like Hadoop
If you have experience within a similar role then please apply!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129261