Railway Systems Consultant
With offices throughout the UK, SNC-Lavalin has an extensive history of supporting clients in the UK and overseas. With over 50,000 employees globally and a turnover of £5bn, following the acquisition of WS Atkins in July 2017, we are now in the top 3 of largest Engineering firms in the world.
The Railway Systems team delivers railway systems integration projects covering all stages of the project lifecycle ranging from Concept and Feasibility, Tendering, Systems Engineering during design, testing and commissioning and handover. These projects comprise rolling stock, railway systems and its interaction with railway infrastructure. In this role, you will enable the Railway Systems team to support delivery of major and strategic technical railway projects and to the growing market in systems engineering and integration assignments.
You will be an integral member of the dynamic Railway Systems team that works across the UK and international rail industry to influence the railways and trains of tomorrow. As a Consultant in the Railway Systems team, you will have responsibility in relation to bidding for, managing and delivering railway systems feasibility and integration projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Balancing requirements to determine the best solutions and establishing consensus in internal and external assignment meetings with Clients for feasibility stage projects.
- Undertaking and providing systems engineering deliverables, e.g. requirements and interface management for implementation stage projects.
- Undertake technical analysis relating to railway engineering and operations.
- Proactively work to develop and agree support technical service area development within the Railway Systems team, which could include: Feasibility studies, New train and Railway system requirements specifications, Depots and Whole system integration.
- Produce client reports
- Be responsible for the quality of any documents, analysis and reports sent to Clients.
- As a member of project teams, proactively work with the Project Manager to deliver the required project outputs for Clients including working with and managing external stakeholders.
- role would be ideal for a graduate working in their first appointment who is working in railway systems consultancy or a rolling stock fleet role.
To be considered for the role, you will currently be working as an Engineer within the Rail industry and whilst it is preferred for you to have a background in rolling stock and railway system feasibility, we would be open to considering backgrounds in Rail manufacturing, systems consultancy or fleet operations. You will be methodical with the ability to undertake numerical analysis and have the ability to make clear recommendations on a sound evidence base to a wide range of colleagues and clients with differing backgrounds. You will also be committed to working towards chartered status.
Our ideal candidate would have expertise in technical integration between rolling stock and infrastructure systems including depot design and an awareness of Systems Engineering processes and the use of Requirements Management tools although training and support will be given.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of transport projects. We also offer competitive salaries, personal and company performance related bonus schemes, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.
Closing date for applications is 5th March 2018
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129628