My client is looking for a developer to be responsible for high-quality analysis, design, coding, testing and support of software in a collaborative, cross-functional team-based environment.
- Produces high-quality and tested code within agreed timelines
- Ability to break-down user requirements in such a way as to deliver value to the Business in a timely and iterative fashion.
- Produces solutions that are robust, flexible and able to scale.
You will be responsible for:
- Liaises with Stakeholders, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Product Owners and other Team Members as necessary in order understand and review user requirements/stories/features and Acceptance Criteria and turn them into efficient unambiguous software solutions.
- Performs technical evaluations and feasibility studies for new business systems requirements or Technologies.
- Produces and contributes to the technical design of new systems and system enhancements.
- Ensures Application development and documentation is in accordance with coding standards and the software development life cycle.
- Takes responsibility and ownership of projects and is proactive in finding the best solution.
- Conducts system performance analysis and optimisation tuning where necessary.
- Produces high-quality code with minimal defects.
- Conducts and participates in detailed code reviews, technical walkthroughs and design presentations with other team and external members.
- Liaises with third party technical project teams where appropriate in relation to package systems implementations, or third party Suppliers/Partners.
- Fully engaged and active participant in Scrum framework and agile working practices.
- Proactively shares knowledge and information with others.
- Calls out blocking issues or impediments encountered during delivery and suggests resolutions.
- Investigates and fixes production issues/system defects as required.
- Provides out of hours and daytime support for live systems as required by the team support rota.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Developer or Software Engineering role
- Experience in the Retail industry.
- Exposure to Cloud based infrastructure and technologies.
- Experience in optimisation and performant code principles.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts and application.
- Understanding of test-driven development (TDD) principles.
Technical skill sets (Required):
- Techniques and features of Oracle 9i/10G/11G/12C
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Linux Shell Scripts
Technical skill sets (Desirable):
- .Net, C#, ASP
- XML, XHTML
- SQL Server
- Source control (ie PVCS), TOAD/SQL Developer, UC4 or similar scheduler
- Project tracking tools such as Jira
- Build and Continuous Integration tooling
- Oracle Retail (RMS), Oracle E-business suite
- Understanding of Web Services/APIs/Microservices
- Understanding of Data Warehousing Concepts
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960131200