An experienced Tooling Engineer is sought by a world leader in the manufacture of automotive components.
Reporting to the Tooling Coordinator, as Tooling Technician (known formally within the organisation as Tooling Technician) you will play a leading role in helping to achieve targets in production, quality, delivery and health and safety in a high volume, fast paced environment. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting and changing of low pressure foam (clam type) Aluminium moulds.
- Repair, rebuild and re-profile damaged aluminium tooling using a combination of welding, pneumatic and electric hand tools.
- Modify and reshape aluminium tools in line with requests, e.g.: addition of vents, posts, magnet placement, auto vents and block additions using hand tools.
- Inspect, clean, reseal, "blue-up? tools as they are released to production.
- Maintain tooling carriers including aspects of low control voltage sensors and pneumatic circuits.
- Liaise with production, quality and process departments in regard to problem solving and audits.
- Support, train, mentor and develop tool room team members.
- Operate and use tooling data base, to store, report condition and pick tools.
- To assist the tooling coordinator to develop and implement new initiatives improving RFT, tooling and carrier repairs.
- Maintain a safe working environment and comply with the Company's H&S Policy.
The successful Tooling Engineer will demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Time Served Apprenticeship, with an appropriate craft or technical qualification, ideally HNC/HND or equivalent
- Have experience of working in a similar, manufacturing environment preferably working with foam in the automotive sector, but consideration will also be given to background in plastics, chemical mould, pressing and forging environments
- Experienced in process optimisation
- FLT counterbalance / Reach Truck licence
- Experience in welding (aluminium MIG and TIG)
- Experience in using overhead cranes
- Have a working knowledge of pneumatics and control voltage sensors
- Self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives
- Good problem solving skills
- Prepared to work shifts - 6am - 2pm , 2pm - 10pm, 10pm - 6am
Wednesbury, West Midlands
Excellent salary + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126587