Senior Finance Business Partner
T2M Resourcing are recruiting a Senior Finance Business Partner to support the Finance Director of this £180m multi-division service provider. This is a highly commercial role ideally suited to a qualified accountant (GCMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with a strong track record of career progression to date and aspirations to become a future Finance Director.
Leading a small team of Commercial Accountants / Finance Business Partners across several business divisions you will provide a timely and robust financial reporting and support service to the operational management teams and Head Office. Your remit will include the following:
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly Management Accounts and insightful analysis of variance, trends and potential ‘issues’ to the operational leadership teams. Agreeing action plans and ensuring follow up.
- Preparation and regular review of annual budgets, forecasts and business plans that are aligned to group expectations but also robust and realistic. Challenging the leadership team on assumptions, new, renewal and existing contract models and performance as appropriate
- To support and drive commercial decisions including contract tender and pricing reviews, cost management / improvement initiatives and fostering greater awareness and ownership of business performance and risk management.
- Development and implementation of Key Performance Indicator dashboards
- Responsible for overseeing effective debt and cash management, working with the shared services teams to deliver cash flow in line with forecast and business targets
- Working with the Finance Shared Service operations to ensure that your division is supported and that processes meet your requirements to deliver outcomes (from month end accounts deadlines to debtor days management etc.) in line with expectation
- To support and develop your direct and indirect reports through effective mentoring, training and communication. This will include succession planning and recruitment.
This exciting and challenging opportunity will provide exposure to all levels of management and business activity. To be successful you will need to demonstrate the following skills, attributes and experience.
- A fully qualified accountant with a consistent track record of career development and achievement.
- A high degree of business acumen with the ability to demonstrate that you have made a significant impact to improve business performance through your ideas, initiatives and action that you have taken in prior roles
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – confident and able to present information, challenge stakeholders and engage with internal and external customers
- Prior of experience of working within a contracts / tender driven business environment will be beneficial
- The ability to ‘dig into the detail’ to deliver insightful information but also pragmatic in approach
- Passionate about driving business performance improvement and developing your skills and those around you
- Strong technical accounting ability
- Ideally experienced of working in a business that is supported by SSC operations and able to work with them to achieve objectives
- Able to meet stringent deadlines.
This role will be midlands based and require regular UK travel. There will also be the opportunity to work from home occasionally. To apply please forward your CV together with details of your current salary, benefits and notice period. First interviews will take place in February.
We can only accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the EU / UK on a permanent full time basis.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960131818