Product / Account Manager
The role of Product Manager could be accurately described as a technical account management position. The ideal candidate would come from a lighting background or certainly an electrical / electronic background and experience of dealing with Far Eastern suppliers would be beneficial.
The company is an established UK commercial lighting firm that has grown organically and is looking to recruit a dynamic and efficient Product Manager to help them with their continued growth. An outline of the role can be found below.
Supporting the Senior Product Manager you will be responsible for looking after the full life cycle of new products. This will be achieved by conducting market research, reviewing products and co-ordinating with colleagues in the company’s factories in the Far East.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring, tracking and organising all approved proposed new product samples
- Manage and maintain the Product Road Map
- Ensure product specifications and prices are accurate and updated prior to confirming orders both with clients and the purchasing team
- Ensure accuracy of packaging samples and seek approvals required
- Maintain product library consisting of: specification sheets, instruction sheets, IES files etc.
- Identify potential future product lines by reviewing markets and liaising with customers
- Work with Senior Project Managers to create New Product Development Roadmaps as required in line with company strategy
- Prepare product briefs for presentations
- Maintain a detailed understanding of product portfolio, application, competitor products and lighting industry practices
- Maintain the Product Database to ensure content accuracy, product packaging, labels and user instructions ensuring their compliance with legal requirements
- Review customer returns following company procedures and provide technical assistance to the customer
- Complete goods inwards inspections on new products
- Good understanding of MS Office (Word, Excel)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960126522