IT Application Support - 12 month contract
*Application Support* Contract * x2
£440-£450 per day - Inside IR35 - 12 Month contract
The Departmental Applications Team is responsible for support and development of the organisations departmental applications.
The Adult & Children's Social Care departments are undergoing significant IT change to enable productivity savings, which has resulted in the requirement to recruit to an application consultant. The role will be responsible for business as usual user application support, supporting the application configuration and administration of the new developments.
* Experience of configuring, administering, testing and supporting an application in a multi-tier environment.
* Basic experience of working with databases and an understanding of how to read an Entity Relationship Diagram.
* Basic SQL skills, such as querying an Oracle database using a multi-table Select statement, using tools such as SQL Plus, PL SQL Developer or similar.
* Basic experience Windows (2003, 2008 and 2012)
* Be flexible to work across support, administration, analysis, design and development.
* Have excellent communication skills and work well within a team and with other technical teams, such as DBA's and Technical Platforms.
* Any prior exposure or experience of Northgate's Swift, ICS or AIS applications is highly desirable.
* Knowledge or experience of the Ebase application.
* Knowledge or experience of Oracle Application Server.
* Basic understanding of XML.
* Knowledge or experience of writing StyleVision Extensible Stylesheet language (XSLT)
* Knowledge of CSS.
* Working within a Citrix environment.
* Configuration, systems administration, testing and support of the authorities Social Care applications, Swift, ICS and AIS.
* Comply with the department's configuration management policy
* Comply with the departments release management policy
For further information please apply or send cv's to **********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960132101