Capita are recruiting for a permanent software developer to be based in the South West (Near Bristol). This role will report to the Software Development Team Lead and working closely with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Test Leads to support all global markets. You will be responsible for creating technical designs, for coding SW solutions and for 1st, 2nd & 3rd line development support on production incidents including out of hours on call support when required.
Key accountabilities are:
- Work with Project Managers, Business Analysts and Test Leads across IT to ensure Software requirements are clearly understood.
- Produce & Peer Review Technical Designs for a range of simple and complex IT solutions in line with Group IT Technical Standards.
- Develop software solutions in line with published Technical Designs and project timescales.
- Provide ongoing development and technical maintenance on supported applications.
- Provide SW Developer inputs as necessary to Agile Teams, QA Activities and Release Management processes.
- Provide SW Development Team inputs as required for project reports.
- Support Group IT with the implementation of new initiatives such as Behaviour Driven Development (BDD).
- Provide 1st, 2nd & 3rd line support including out of hours & on call support as required.
- Be an advocate across Group IT for SW Developer professionalism
Key skills required:
- High numeracy and literacy skills with the ability to produce quality technical specifications.
- Excellent problem solving, fault diagnosis and resolution skills.
- Knowledge of the .net framework and associated programming languages.
- Knowledge & experience in SQL Server 2008 and later versions.
- Knowledge of collaboration SW configuration and governance (SharePoint/Project Server)
- Knowledge of SSIS and SSRS.
- Understanding of RESTful API design for web service.
- Understanding of data serialisation formats (i.e. JSON, XML and CSV).
- Experience of continuous delivery through agile design, development and test.
- Microsoft Certified Professional or similar.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills.
- Familiar with Atlassian tools including Confluence / Jira / Stash / Bitbucket
- Working with AWS Cloud solutions
- Classic ASP
- Knowledge of programme and project management methods including DSDM / Agile.
- Knowledge of Confluence / Jira /Test Management Toolsets
- Ability to shape, implement and support the Group IT Development processes
- Project lifecycle experience in multiple disciplines: Requirements, Design, Test
- Experience of working with consultancy or other professional services organisations.
- Highly creative. Able to produce creative solutions from basic concepts.
- Ability to anticipate change and adapt quickly
- Strong attention to detail; ability to perform duties with a high level of accuracy.
- Be able to think holistically and analytically and know when to take which approach.
- Is able to consult & advise the client as well as 'doing'.
- Have a clearly methodical approach.
- Exceptional aptitude for problem solving, and follow through
- Strong relationship building and stakeholder management skills.
- Be capable of visualising a problem context/situation, develop a number of resolution options and think them through from concept to implementation.
- Ability to coach less experienced staff
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing skills
- Self-motivated, dynamic and results-driven
- Inquisitive, proactive and innovative
- Open, honest and responsible
- Team player
- Quick learner, willing to be flexible in tasks and activities taken on
- Ability to deliver and sense of humour under pressure!
Capita IT Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960129402